• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia getting it from all angles! lol

Associate
Totally agree. Nearly all of my cards I've used (witha few HTPC exceptions) have been Nvidia....have seen plenty bugs between them (and currently plenty Oculus Rift optimisation/bugs with Nvidia). Annoying, as whilst I want to buy a 980 right now, I kinda feel like I shouldn't until they at least make some efforts to put things right in some way shape or form with 970 users (I don't have one) as it shows a complete lack of respect to their customer, and makes me think why should I give them another 400+ of my money (well ok whatever percentage it is they actually get)

Man of Honour
http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...ecial-discounts-to-owners-of-geforce-gtx-970/

Well AMD be giving more discounts an even bigger slap in the face for nvidia.

I'm glad this is happening! false advertising a gpu which is useless after 3.5gb is not on! people are already complaining about performance issues.

I hope nvidia burn for this the only good card right now is the 980! 960 is a waste of money as well as the 970. 2gb in 2015 is a joke!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZJrsssPA0

Would you like the guys in this thread to list all the misleading things that AMD have done in the past.

I could argue that I bought a 290X on the basis that there would be thousands of Mantle games by now, err where are they.:D

Or I could argue that the 290X reference edition was different to the reviews and could not stop throttling when it got hot.

Or again my 290X came with Elpida memory and the ones in the review had Hynix memory.

Need I go on

I don't think I will bother mentioning black screens or we will be here all day.

Associate
http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...ecial-discounts-to-owners-of-geforce-gtx-970/

Well AMD be giving more discounts an even bigger slap in the face for nvidia.

I'm glad this is happening! false advertising a gpu which is useless after 3.5gb is not on! people are already complaining about performance issues.

I hope nvidia burn for this the only good card right now is the 980! 960 is a waste of money as well as the 970. 2gb in 2015 is a joke!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZJrsssPA0

Stop crying already

Associate
Amd mess up nvidia/fanboys mock them.
Nvidia mess up Amd/fanboys mock them.

I really hope we cant get a third gpu/cpu maker to make this really interesting :D

p.s the 970 still beats the 290x :D

Caporegime
I don't think they can do much as it's in the hardware. They don't strike me as a company that care to much about about there users mainly due to most thinking amd are still bad with drivers. Imo it's there own customers that need to give them a good kick in the ****. They should have released the gtx970 as a 3.5gb card and be upfront. The sales would still have been massive due to how fast it is.

But then it would in theory be slower and have to.be marketed as

3.5gb ddr5
196gb/s
224bit memory bus
48 rops

and everyone would complain about how low spec it was?

Associate
Amd mess up nvidia/fanboys mock them.
Nvidia mess up Amd/fanboys mock them.

I really hope we cant get a third gpu/cpu maker to make this really interesting :D

p.s the 970 still beats the 290x :D

Not to derail too much but aren't imagination tech making a ray tracing GPU of some description?

I know nothing of this tech or company, so if this isn't for your average consumer igone me :)

Man of Honour
I still think it's funny how much everyone loved the 970 till the other week, now its the worst card on the market. It's like nobody even noticed! Jump on the bandwagon :)

I have never been a big fan of the 9 series for higher resolutions since their launch day because of the memory/bus. And in those days everyone called me stupid.

With the problem with the 970 I find myself defending the card as I think it is still a fantastic card for it's intended market. And guess what most people think I am stupid.

There are worse things in life than people thinking I am stupid lol.:D

Permabanned
Most stupidest tweet ever. The 970 is a great card, now I understand those who are returning theirs will have no spare gpu but I wouldn't want to replace it with a card that is a generation behind the leaders or stump up extra for a 980.

Caporegime
Soldato
When you consider that Nvidia are the market leader with all the resources, and AMD are the underdog in an uphill financial struggle. I think we can let them have the odd pop at Nvidia when they do stuff like this to their customers. Rightly so. Go AMD !!

Soldato
When you consider that Nvidia are the market leader with all the resources, and AMD are the underdog in an uphill financial struggle. I think we can let them have the odd pop at Nvidia when they do stuff like this to their customers. Rightly so. Go AMD !!

AMD have 20% higher revenue than nvidia, it isnt really nvidia's fault Amd squander that and keep cutting R&D :D

Back
Top Bottom