*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Caporegime
it will be out for easter as that is the next best period of games sales. if not then it will probably need polishing until November the best sales period for games. :D

learn when the hot periods of sales are then all excuses go out the video ;)

Associate
Hi all, just a quick video of the latest build 917, never done one before with project cars but I enjoyed the race enough to share. My driving is poor due to having to use a 360 pad recently. Not always an option to get the wheel stand pro out unfortunately. The video is mainly to show of the realism in hemet view. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, just a quick video of the latest build 917, never done one before with project cars but I enjoyed the race enough to share. My driving is poor due to having to use a 360 pad recently. Not always an option to get the wheel stand pro out unfortunately. The video is mainly to show of the realism in hemet view. Enjoy!

That looks ace! I take it that is max settings? Do you think I could run at same settings as you (spec in sig). Ill be getting this on Xboxone to play against/with mates. I think ill probably get it for PC too and dig my g27 that I never out haha.

Associate
Thanks guys, it does look sweet I have to admit. My SIG is slightly out of date. I now run a 980 on the same rig. But the 660ti SLI isn't far behind. It is all ultra settings except detailed grass as I find it has a huge effect on FPS. Its still in the 40's with it on but without its always 60+. I think you should be fine for all high settings which is still very nice.

Soldato
I knuckled down with this the last week or so and decided to tweak my controller settings, the big problem at the moment is: The controller (XBox 360 PC Gamepad) is really good on one car but absolutely hopeless on another and there's no way I can see of assigning alternative controller settings to different vehicles so effectively I am limited to being able to drive only the cars that are drivable with the settings I use, all other cars are completely impossible to control, unless I change the controller set-up which then makes other cars uncontrollable.

Is the above issue the same for Wheel users? Or is it just a Gamepad problem?

I know looking through the Time Trial Leaderboards that Wheel users are easily a good 10% faster than the vast majority of Gamepad records (Which are much, much rarer)- excepting the odd Alien - on virtually every Track/Car where the records exist which shows conclusively to me that non-Wheel players are at quite a disadvantage anyway without being limited to only certain Gamepad friendly cars and tracks. I don't see how they are going to fix this before release TBH....

Associate
What's next, arrow key users gonna start slating the game because there aren't more keyboard users on top of the leaderboard as well?

As for gamepad records be rarer what did you expect everybody is currently using/testing/playing the PC build. I'm sure when the console versions are released the number of gamepad users will out number wheel users in the top 100 leader boards. Whether they will be top remains to be seen.

Does make me wonder why you asking this question here and not on the WMD forum, where you'd be FAR more likely to get a more helpful/informed response?

Soldato
What's next, arrow key users gonna start slating the game because there aren't more keyboard users on top of the leaderboard as well?

Not at all, I just didn't expect there to be such a relatively huge difference between the two when it doesn't happen as badly in other racing games I play, 10% down a Lap is a hell of a lot!

As for gamepad records be rarer what did you expect everybody is currently using/testing/playing the PC build. I'm sure when the console versions are released the number of gamepad users will out number wheel users in the top 100 leader boards. Whether they will be top remains to be seen.

But also due to Records being Invalidated by off-tracks due to a lack of control and therefore not even appearing on the boards perhaps? Not everyone on a PC uses a Wheel....

Does make me wonder why you asking this question here and not on the WMD forum, where you'd be FAR more likely to get a more helpful/informed response?

Because I use these Forums more and I didn't want PCARS Fanboi's who would happily pick apart my query whilst not actually addressing the problem with the game I'm asking about getting all defensive and jumping down my neck for asking a simple question..oh, wait.

Associate
Because I use these Forums more and I didn't want PCARS Fanboi's who would happily pick apart my query whilst not actually addressing the problem with the game I'm asking about getting all defensive and jumping down my neck for asking a simple question..oh, wait.

I don't use a gamepad so I CAN'T answer your question. Probably all the more reason to ask at on a forum where you'd find more people that do or, I don't know... the guys designed the the input methods in the first place? Why would somebody on the WMD forum pick apart your question? It's in their interest to make sure the various input methods work as good as possible for everybody.

Soldato
I don't use a gamepad so I CAN'T answer your question. Probably all the more reason to ask at on a forum where you'd find more people that do or, I don't know... the guys designed the the input methods in the first place? Why would somebody on the WMD forum pick apart your question? It's in their interest to make sure the various input methods work as good as possible for everybody.

You don't need a Gamepad, I'm asking if certain cars become uncontrollable compared to other cars on the same Wheel settings you normally use. I am not talking about how differently the cars 'handle', I am talking about them becoming either super-sensitive to controller steering input or completely unresponsive/slow to controller steering input making them effectively uncontrollable. The differences in control are huge, there is no way it can just be the different handling characteristics of the huge variety of cars or different tracks for that matter.

Associate
No they don't. I do, dependant on car, change the steering lock but thats about it. Perhaps this is some way exaggerated when using a gamepad?
I believe that gamepads have various filter options which can be turned on and off and if there is a problem with specific car or track whilst using a gamepad it may be a known issue and/or there may already be a work round. Which is why, regardless of which forums you use more, I would suggest posting on the WMD forum to get a more helpful response.

Back
Top Bottom