• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Still unsure what to do, Asus Strix for the 980 or reference surprisingly now.
Got a FT02 with the rotated mobo so airflow is a bit different to your traditional case

Unsure I can see myself getting a 2nd card instead waiting for the next gen when single cards have the grunt to power 1440P+ at highest settings. (Plus hopefully gsync/freesync would have matured up nicely by then).

Leaning towards the Strix due to the nice ability for overclock headroom.

If anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated.

Soldato
Yea i was £11 with the Royal Mail using there next day special delivery service when i sent back my faulty 290 for rma.

Agree. Looked at other couriers etc and was amazed to find RM special delivery before 1:00pm and insured up to £500 for £11....!!!

Seems cheap enough and covered insurance wise. You can print off your labels as well online.

Associate
What would I say to trading standards about the card?

That you bought it on the understanding that it had 4GB VRAM. And although it does have 4GB of VRAM, the manufacturer and retailer didn't make it fairly clear that the VRAM isn't being used in the way that everyone expected. You might want to show them some quotes from NVIDIA, and maybe tell them that OCUK are accepting returns.

Soldato
Agree. Looked at other couriers etc and was amazed to find RM special delivery before 1:00pm and insured up to £500 for £11....!!!

Seems cheap enough and covered insurance wise. You can print off your labels as well online.

This, got a quoted £11 earlier for special delivery so I will be sending mine off tomorrow using this service most likely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom