*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Mine was fairly easy to set up, but say about an hour. Possibly less. I had moved the tv out so he had access behind it. He just had to drill his holes and away we went. You'll get your viewing card, keep it safe cause he'll need it. That's really about it.

Soldato
This is interesting guys, I just cancelled yesterday after a year of paying £21 a month for movies, sports and HD (just TV mind, my broadband is with virgin) they offered me the 33% 5 years roll one carp but that still worked out at £50 odd a month. Can't be doing that! Will wait until the final week and give em a call/wait for them to call to see if I can get my old deal back. Not too fussed with sky tbh. More of a novelty nowadays.

Soldato
Currently paying £21 a month for Sky + Sky Sports.

I'm happy with that, no contract either.

Internet is with BT as they offered free BT sports and £100 sainsburys voucher, also gone through quidco and got £80 cash back tracked for Feb 12th payment, the voucher arrived yesterday.

Associate
Moving into our first home next week and rely wanted sky fiber and the f1 channel but can't get over the price! What's the crack with friends and family deals and the like?

Soldato
My question is sky are taking millions from customers and they dont even transmit in 1920 x 1080 ? why

All to do with legacy broadcasting standards. They have to transmit a signal at 50hz. Most programming runs at 25 frames per second so they split the frame in half to make 1920x540. The two sections are then transmitted 1/50th of a second apart, which makes up the image.

Anyone know if there are any retention offers on at the moment, I'm coming up for renewal.

Soldato
i had the F&F deal and I'm getting it installed next week. £28 a month for the family package plus internet and line rental. I really want sky sports as well for the F1 channel. But it bumped it up for £40+ a month :( i just can't justify the extra just for the f1 channel. I really won't use the rest :(

Associate
Anyone know if it is possible to link your sky account to someone who has bt broadband to get bt sport. I'm with sky for my broadband and I fancy having bt sport but not paying 12 pounds a month as I have sky sports already.

Soldato
£38 here for the HD, Movies, Multiroom (no sport or internet).

Think the only way to get / maintain a deal is to cancel and wait for retentions to call or sign back up again in partners name. I cancelled and got the retentions call within 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom