Dying Light - PC next gen zombie open world game?

Soldato
Just fired the game up, and got the first time setup, was just that MS Visual C redistributable job.

When I first installed mine it somehow got into a type of loop where a message came up each and every time that I then started the game, as though it was the first time that it ran and Steam needed to install stuff etc. I got around this by finding a Steam type of utility cleaner. After running that it is been fine, so far.

Permabanned
Anyone done the weapon challenge on the bridge?

It seems impossible, I've tried atleast 20 times now. Asks me to kill 50 within 1m30s and only provides me with 30 at max and they are too spread out below the bridge to even think it's possible. (I've tried aswell.)

Not to mention the bombers if they go off in a bad area can take atleast 5 zombies with them.

Associate
How does this run on a 980 at 1080p then? Not my type of game but looks pretty good from the video and reviews....
My card should be with me on Wednesday so would like to get this downloaded prior :)

Associate
How does this run on a 980 at 1080p then? Not my type of game but looks pretty good from the video and reviews....
My card should be with me on Wednesday so would like to get this downloaded prior :)

I'm running this great at 1080p max settings except draw distance which is 50% but i have turned off film grain and chromatic aberration with the dying light manager, getting 75 - 130fps on a 980 soc and 4770k at 4.4 8 gig ram:)
sometimes uses all 4 gig on card with no stutter or slowdown.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Is there some sort of end game bu going on? My game is telling me I have done 100% of the story but looking at walthroughs I have not done Mission 13 and the end mission 14

Caporegime
I've had a look at the memory usage in the game after the current complaints about 970's and vram.. The game does have a memory leak!

With every new area or shall I say moving forward to next objective in the very first part of the game, the memory usage goes up and up an up. You can pretty much walk 10 steps towards the next objective and the memory usage has already gone up by 50MB. Stand still and memory usage remains the same, walk back, remains the same

Very odd, watched it my self with MSI, it then crashed at the first healing part of the game

Soldato
Anyone done the weapon challenge on the bridge?

It seems impossible, I've tried atleast 20 times now. Asks me to kill 50 within 1m30s and only provides me with 30 at max and they are too spread out below the bridge to even think it's possible. (I've tried aswell.)

Not to mention the bombers if they go off in a bad area can take atleast 5 zombies with them.

Theres scaffolding on the side of the bridge climb that there should be tons on top of the bridge....there was for me anyways

Caporegime
Rebooted the game, it said it was using 2043 VRAM at the same location previously it was using 3432 VRAM.. Played as far as the first mission outside and the game freeze hard locks up with this

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: DyingLightGame.exe (2004) consumed 4992946176 bytes, Steam.exe (1164) consumed 75055104 bytes, and explorer.exe (1612) consumed 69197824 bytes.

Had to reboot the comp

Caporegime
With having 16GB I have not had the issues you describe but I have seen the game use as much as 8GB of memory in total.

Mine did that as well, not sure what has changed though as it still shows the same version number, IIRC.

Steam updated a bunch of games with a 12.8 MB VC redistributable.

Caporegime
This game needs a patch, never known a game to crash with a virtual memory error before and a constantly climbing vram usage! Were the devs asleep when they released this?

Caporegime
I haven't had a single crash in 24 hours play tbh.

Mine crashed because it complained about the lack of virtual ram, I've got an 8GB system, with virtual page file set to 300-4000. Set it to system managed and thus far had no crash.

But the game made me feel nauseated and also didn't make me feel oh wow this game is amazing

Back
Top Bottom