Dying Light - PC next gen zombie open world game?

Associate
anyone find that when they quit the game and then continue, you seem to have all the items you got just before quitting even if you picked something up a second before quitting but you enter the game again in a completely different area..sometimes outside with a load of zombies on top of you when you quit the game in the tower!

Soldato
Works great so far for me, in that I find it great fun. I must be kinda shallow as I love kicking Zombies off buildings etc. Lol

If their proposed modding kit is embraced by the modding community it could only get better.

It might see me beyond Attila's release.

jamiehavok - Yeah that had happened to me and the save issues I noted above

Permabanned
Stuck on the weapon challenge where you have to cut them in half -_- Games getting on my nerves, they ask you to do something and make it nigh impossible cos the way he swings is random -_-

Caporegime
Currently its 11th in the steam charts, probably suggests it is :)

And DaySA was number 1 for months and then came H1Z1, doesn't really mean anything tbh ;)

As I said I'm not knocking other peoples opinions of the game, it's just nothing special in my opinion and a few others as well.

I'll give it another go later this month

Soldato
Loving this game so far, its so much fun. Ploughed over 20 hours into it so far.

At the mo the game is running sweet and no freezes or crashes. Unfortunately the only bugs I still get is the slow down when Im grabbed by a zombie or the spitter covers my screen in goo. And blood splatters on screen flicker with SLI enabled. Other than these bugs the game runs fine, I havent measured fps but it seems smooth and very playable.

When the game launched I was having issues like hard freezes and CTD's. But after the few patches they released and me changing some things the game is fine now. These are the things I changed but have no idea which one(s) were causing the issue:

* Removed the overclock on my CPU and RAM, put them both back to stock.
* Returned my page file to system controlled and not manually controlled.
* Upgraded from 8gb RAM to 16gb.
* Updated BIOS version.
* Made sure no programs were running in the background apart from Shadowplay when Im using it.
* Disabled AA ingame and use FXAA via NvCP instead.

Im gaming at 3200x1800 res downsampled and everything on max with 2x 980's on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Last edited:
Associate
* Returned my page file to system controlled and not manually controlled.
* Upgraded from 8gb RAM to 16gb.

these 2 probably made the biggest difference, i upgraded from 6 - 12 gb and that removed my stuttering. there's a lot of people who solved crashing by setting there page file back to system controlled.

Don
Aye, I had similar problems when I started with it crashing to desktop due to insufficient memory (an 8GB system). I dropped the textures to medium from high (changed nothing else) and it seems stable now. I was getting crashes every few mins when I first started, I've now played ~ 7 hours without a crash.

Soldato
If you have 8GB of ram and 'upgrading' it removes performance issues for you in games, then the initial 8GB was faulty, otherwise it's a pointless upgrade for gaming purposes.

Caporegime
If you have 8GB of ram and 'upgrading' it removes performance issues for you in Daylight, then the initial 8GB was not enough, otherwise it's a pointless upgrade for gaming purposes.

Fixed

Nothing wrong with games, daylight is a memory/vram hog and as I've proven, VRAM increases as you take each step forward in the first part of the game. And many users have seen their game crash with a low set page file and not system managed ( Virtual memory error )

Proof has been posted

Soldato
Fixed

Nothing wrong with games, daylight is a memory/vram hog and as I've proven, VRAM increases as you take each step forward in the first part of the game. And many users have seen their game crash with a low set page file and not system managed ( Virtual memory error )

Proof has been posted

I have 2GB VRAM and 8GB RAM and not had any problems, everything maxed except view distance. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom