• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
This fixed the GF experience issue for me, but it far far from ideal....

Guru3d

Near the middle of the page...

The above works, just don't click the driver tab. Explains why a reinstall worked until I clicked the driver tab.

GE is still bust, just usable for other stuff until nvidia release a fix.

So if you want the new driver download it manually, make sure GE is selected in the custom install options. This will reset the Table value to zero, and you wont need to edit the file shown in the Guru3D forum. Then you can use GE as normal just don't click the 'Driver' Tab. If not, then follow the guide in the Guru3D thread.

Last edited:
Associate
Geforce Experience keeps crashing for me on opening as well.

The GPU drivers crashed a couple of time yesterday, maybe a related issue?

Edit- not to sound lazy, but do we have to visit a website to get this fix or will it be delivered through the GFE?

Last edited:
Soldato
Geforce Experience keeps crashing for me on opening as well.

The GPU drivers crashed a couple of time yesterday, maybe a related issue?

Edit- not to sound lazy, but do we have to visit a website to get this fix or will it be delivered through the GFE?

With regard to the Geforce experience problem:

Don't change the language from English/US to English/UK.

This would appear to be the problem. Certainly worked for me.

See:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...rience-crash-use-united-states-language-fix-/

Associate
With regard to the Geforce experience problem:

Don't change the language from English/US to English/UK.

This would appear to be the problem. Certainly worked for me.

See:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...rience-crash-use-united-states-language-fix-/

The above works :)

Switched from UK English to US and I could access the drivers TAB. Changed the language setting back to UK English, selected the drivers tab and it crashed GE. Edit in Notepad...

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\GFExperience.exe_Url_tgm3mttmt5itflhj0kykoi5xkjy53x4g\17.12.8.0\user.config

Parameter: <setting name="LastTabIdx" serializeAs="String">
<value>1</value> Change 1 to 0 and SAVE to get GE working again, open GE, DO NOT CLICK DRIVERS TAB

Click Preferences TAB and change language to US, Driver tab no longer crashes GE.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm thinking about rejecting the drivers now, there's too many of them and it's screwing up the rig, it's every 2 weeks.......they're now a nuisance

Soldato
The above works :)

Switched from UK English to US and I could access the drivers TAB. Changed the language setting back to UK English, selected the drivers tab and it crashed GE. Edit in Notepad...

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\GFExperience.exe_Url_tgm3mttmt5itflhj0kykoi5xkjy53x4g\17.12.8.0\user.config

Parameter: <setting name="LastTabIdx" serializeAs="String">
<value>1</value> Change 1 to 0 and SAVE to get GE working again, open GE, DO NOT CLICK DRIVERS TAB

Click Preferences TAB and change language to US, Driver tab no longer crashes GE.

lol all that for a fix. I just uninstalled GE. Problem solved

Associate
lol all that for a fix. I just uninstalled GE. Problem solved

It takes two minutes to make the changes necessary to resolve the issue, yes its not right and nvidia are apparently rolling out a fix, but some of us use GE, I personally use ShadowPlay all the time. So a 'Plug' is welcome until we get a fixed GE.

Last edited:
Associate
I do find this a bit funny, everyone always sang the praises of NV drivers, even though I never personally had any issues with AMD ones, then when I switch to NV, all this happens :D

OMG, its a small issue that isn't anything to do with drivers as you can install them manually as normal. I have never had problems with nvidia drivers, or ATI/AMD drivers either. Just saying!

Last edited:
Associate
NVidia drivers on the whole have ranged from poor to terrible for quite a while now, the whole AMD bad, NVidia good, thing is just as inaccurate as NVidia’s product descriptions.
That’s not to say AMD haven’t had terrible software, dear lord they have, but considering the amount of partnerships between game developers and NVidia I would really expect better.

Although it must be hard to make good drivers for games these days, they are fighting an uphill battle with people like Ubisoft simply banging their heads off a keyboard in an attempt to code, but it is hard to defend breaking your own software. :D

Associate
I do find this a bit funny, everyone always sang the praises of NV drivers, even though I never personally had any issues with AMD ones, then when I switch to NV, all this happens :D

Then..

I don't think I've ever had ANY driver issues for ANYTHING, must be a lucky sod, haha.

Hmmm.... Contradictions much?

So your saying its not a driver issue now?

Soldato

All what happens ??? Geforce Experience is not actually the driver. All thats not working is the drivers tab which you dont really need anyway.

Stop blowing things out of proportion again people.
:p

Back
Top Bottom