fleeing from police

Associate
Not to mention in the USA the prison system is a lot more severe with punishments for breaking the law.
That's because police bail and the prison system in the states is big business, the revenue it gains will pay for the UK benefit system 10 times over.
Over there they NEED people to go to prison, probably why they give police officers strict conviction quotas.

Soldato
Because if they run they think they have a chance of escaping. So if they are gonna get caught for something they have done bad they have nothing to lose and every min not in custody is a min they are free/alive. Unless I am missing something it's that simple.

Associate
That's because police bail and the prison system in the states is big business, the revenue it gains will pay for the UK benefit system 10 times over.
Over there they NEED people to go to prison, probably why they give police officers strict conviction quotas.

Yep that's spot on. Kinda messed up when you think about it, its pretty much the same as the military industrial complex.

Soldato
Soldato
standard fight vs flight response.

Even if you know it may be a bad idea your instincts take over and flee, for a lot of people they then won't back down once the decision has been made.

Even innocent people flee from the police and do silly things.

Caporegime
Yep that's spot on. Kinda messed up when you think about it, its pretty much the same as the military industrial complex.

Iirc all the us military body armour/helmets and a heck of a lot of their gear/clothing is made exclusively in US prisons.

Interestingly though they refuse the import of anything made in prisons in other countries lol

Soldato
I used to watch them when I lived in LA. I miss those daily car chases live on TV.

I was there for a week and there was a fatal shootout between some cops and some mexicans outside my hotel, couldn't get back in for a day due to forensics, etc. I actually walked past these guys in their car hours before. Ahh the memories.

Back
Top Bottom