The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Soldato
I'm waiting on an order from elsewhere and the last info I heard about a week ago is that there's some stock due into Philip UK on the 16th Feb, so just after the weekend hopefully.

Associate
Hi guys, has anyone of you tried Arma 3 with the custom 21:9 res (i.e.3840x1634)? For some strange reason I get dark semicircle shaped areas at the left and right side, it is like looking trough binoculars. All other games work great in 21:9. has anyone else noticed that issue with Arma 3?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Still waiting for my first :(

You going to use 2 on the same desk!?

I placed my order back on December 11th, but it seems OcUK managed to nab a lot of their own stock direct as they've had deliveries since. If I'd have realised I might have paid a bit more to get it from OcUK instead.

Oh well, nearly there now and the other company kindly lent me a 28" 4K monitor to tide me over until the Philips arrives :)

Can't wait :D

Associate
Mine should be here Friday and got the price dropped to £598 with first class delivery from the rainforest, I have had it on order since the 2nd January (only reason I went with them was I had a few £££ in vouchers).

Called them yesterday and they upgraded the shipping to get me a guaranteed delivery day although it still an estimate but it beats 6-8 weeks I was originally quoted

Mines coming Monday :)

Soldato
Hi guys, has anyone of you tried Arma 3 with the custom 21:9 res (i.e.3840x1634)? For some strange reason I get dark semicircle shaped areas at the left and right side, it is like looking trough binoculars. All other games work great in 21:9. has anyone else noticed that issue with Arma 3?

Thanks in advance

Just tried the Camp Maxwell mission from the campaign and had no such issues. 3840 x 1634 resolution.

GTX980 drivers 347.09

Last edited:
Associate
Mine should be here Friday and got the price dropped to £598 with first class delivery from the rainforest, I have had it on order since the 2nd January (only reason I went with them was I had a few £££ in vouchers).

Called them yesterday and they upgraded the shipping to get me a guaranteed delivery day although it still an estimate but it beats 6-8 weeks I was originally quoted

Yep they revised mine to Monday and it has dispatched

Mines coming Monday :)

Looks to be bull, stock is still very tight at present it seems (and OcUK are selling everything they're getting!)

These will be available in numbers from 16th feb and sub £600 just wait a few weeks.

There you go...... coming in 16th. Based on a call to a different supplier, RRP and monitoring prices.

Soldato
Assuming displayport 1.2 is the best cable for this monitor. Although have read about 1.3 (and beyond).

Am assuming something like this would do the job?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-007-CG&groupid=1929&catid=1757

There is no such thing as a DP 1.2 cable, or a DP 1.3 cable or anything else of that sort. The port revisions can change, but you needn't worry about the cable as long is it's of decent quality. And that one you linked to looks to be a good solid cable.

Associate
Hi guys, I've got a question for those who use the monitor with a 21:9 custom resolution: What is the recommended resolution to adjust? Exact 21:9 ratio would be 3840x1645. Based on existing 21:9 monitors like the 2560x1080 ones and extrapolated, it should be 3840x1620. And then I've read here in the forums, the best res would be 3840x1634, for whatever reason...Hm. I am confused a little bit. What would you say is the recommendable resolution to run the Philips Monitor in 21:9?

Thank you:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I calculated the ratio (perhaps wrongly) which got me to 3840 x 1634.

But I also use 3840x1280 (3:1) for certain games sometimes.

Really, it doesn't need to be an exact figure - create whatever you like :D

Associate
i currently have 3 of these monitors but not because i bought 3

2 of them are warranty replacements but they were all delivered with marks laminated into the screen.

because philips have replaced it twice they wont do it a third time i just have to return all 3 and get refunded for the original purchase.

i really dont want to go back to my dell 3011 so is there any alternatives due to be released anytime soon?

Stu

Back
Top Bottom