Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Somewhat irritating the pushy manner they seem very good from the literature though but I don't need phoning 3 times in a week just because I wanted to go through their link to get their own brochure

Nothing different than I experienced from the other places I got quotes from to be honest.

But after reading all the literature and speaking to them all I was pretty much decided it was keyhole lasik or nothing at all for me.

Best money I ever spent :)

Caporegime
Nothing different than I experienced from the other places I got quotes from to be honest.

But after reading all the literature and speaking to them all I was pretty much decided it was keyhole lasik or nothing at all for me.

Best money I ever spent :)

Oh yeah from the reading and the machines they certainly seem the best an I'm down in London a fair bit. Phone calls just annoy me is all lol.

The lady on the phone sounds hot though

Man of Honour
Right, house bought, few months mortgage gone out so now I am looking into Laser Eye Surgery again.

Has anyone used Optical Express? They have an office in Cheltenham so nice and local for me, currently awaiting a call back.

Man of Honour
It's my eyesight, I don't mind paying a little extra for convenience/piece of mind.

They called, and they've slotted me in on Saturday for a consultation, we'll see what they quote me.

Man of Honour
Fair enough. Optimax are in Bristol, so only 45 minutes really for me, whereas Cheltenham is 15, I'll see what happens on Saturday then maybe contact Optimax.

Man of Honour
Never said they were. I had to do 8 train journeys from Birmingham to London in the space of a week.

However the keyhole lasik I had was phenomenal, no worries about flaps or anything, not to mention the healing benefits it had.

This is what I would like sounds like the best procedure, and would rather have the best when it's your eyes at stake.

Do they offer interest free plans? Can't see anything on their site.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
So what's the latest technique then? Can't believe it has been 7 years since I got mine done. At the time it was a choice of LASEK, which was the old procedure and they always tried to put you off; LASIK which was the then current technique and you could get it done with Ultralase which gave you a better quality finish to the lens and corrected any imperfections; then on top of that you could choose between conventional mechanical flap cutting or pay extra for a laser to cut the flap. Pretty sure I went for LASIK with Ultralase and mechanical cut.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Just updating this, 7 months since I had my procedure, and all I can say is wow. It's so amazing to think back to what my eyesight was before and to see what it is now.

There have been some ups and downs, but nothing that isn't explained to you beforehand, but overall I simply can't recommend it enough.

Man of Honour
I went in for the consultation in Cheltenham yesterday, my right eye is suitable but with my left only being 0.75 they said there's not much point. I'm booked in to Bristol on Saturday to have it done, £1590 including the iDesign thing they do.

Associate
Has anyone had surgery at Ultralase in Belfast?

I'm seriously considering getting it done though I do tend to have dry eyes from time to time which is putting me off.

Soldato
so is it worth a 40 year old getting this done now,

40s the new 25 :D

If you got good health wise and not so bad eyes why not, had mine done at 32 and no regrets still 20/20 @ 40 years old best 2k spent with optimax really.

I think getting a free consultation and having all options available to do discussed is the best route, if I had to do it again id get the best and latest treatment done though since you want the best of the best you only have one set of eyes after all.

Back
Top Bottom