****The Nintendo 3DS Thread****

Soldato
My orcarina of time order still says order placed on gameseek, I was dubious about getting it so contacted them, they said its definitely in stock but in their other warehouse. Should get it next week. Can't believe sealed copies are almost going for £50 on eBay. Crazy! :o

Soldato
Just got hold of a copy of Bravely Default for £25+postage which I'm happy with given the current prices for this game.
I think that's virtually everything I'm interested in right noe bar Luigi's Mansion 2 :)

Going to be waiting a while to play though with my back log of games on this and other machines and the fact I've started Pokémon X :D
Heard Pokémon X is quite short as a Pokémon game so might go back and finish Shadow Wars or Tales of the Abyss after!

Man of Honour
I certainly haven't found it short! :p

I'm 25 hours in and still not finished it, but then I don't rush through them, I make sure I properly level a whole squad and do the other stuff that a lot of people leave

Soldato
Oh good :)
I'm enjoying it so far, it does improve the experience being in 3d although I find the actual 3D screen usage underwhelming a bit so far as most of it is 2D/3D if you get what I mean rather than true 3D.
I can also see the new engine was a bit WIP when these were released as I can see 3D has a lower battle framerate even on the n3DS.

Still enjoying though, I'm sure it won't last but currently trying to capture one of everything I see wild :)

Anyone know if the framerate is resolved in OR/AS? Wondering for the next true sequels, I will probably skip ORAS as I played the original version :)

Last edited:

Qel

Qel

Associate
Just picked up Pokemon Y myself and enjoying it, think its the first I've played since Gold/Silver so.. yeah. Also found the 3d pretty underused so turn it off most of the time.

Associate
Oh good :)
I'm enjoying it so far, it does improve the experience being in 3d although I find the actual 3D screen usage underwhelming a bit so far as most of it is 2D/3D if you get what I mean rather than true 3D.
I can also see the new engine was a bit WIP when these were released as I can see 3D has a lower battle framerate even on the n3DS.

Still enjoying though, I'm sure it won't last but currently trying to capture one of everything I see wild :)

Anyone know if the framerate is resolved in OR/AS? Wondering for the next true sequels, I will probably skip ORAS as I played the original version :)

Iv pretty much captured every pokemon Iv been against, still got a Butterfree in the team to put them all to sleep from the very start.

And yeah the 3d seems to only be in battles, iv turned it off because it kept flickering when i alternate between watching TV and playing.

Soldato
Can't get into MM which isa shame but hey ho. I'm going to play Fire Emblem as I never actually played it despite having it with my XL last year.

Currently playing fire emblem, really enjoying. Like you I had it since release and only played a little. Make sure you play in iron mode so if one of your part members die, they are gone forever makes it so fun....survival of the fittest:D

Soldato
Agree. I think the non-linear design and the shop take away a sense of progression and make it harder to have a rising difficulty curve so the whole game feels a lot easier than usual.

YES. You've put into words exactly how I feel about this game.

Also some of the puzzles got me thinking a little, but the truth is they are not that hard to figure out at all.

Soldato
Currently playing fire emblem, really enjoying. Like you I had it since release and only played a little. Make sure you play in iron mode so if one of your part members die, they are gone forever makes it so fun....survival of the fittest:D

I started playing Fire emblem demo... started off like "whoa" full speech/3D/beautiful animation, then cut to the 3D, dialogue starts..... "huh", "hey", "what" etc and thought, damn what a shame.... then the actual game started (I.e moving characters around the grid system and attacking, felt a little Final Fantasy-ish to me.... and was about to exit and uninstall the demo.... then the next cut scene comes in and I have to say they are beautiful pieces of animation.

And as such...I cant decide whether to get this game or not...

But in the meantime, MM awaits for the first time! (I never played the N64 version - for shame - so Im very much looking forward to this...)

Also I want to go back to Pilot Wings now that the 3D on the N3DSXL is perfect, Pilot Wings should be gorgeous to play :)

Soldato

Yes I was going to do that because then it's a bit like Cannon Fodder :) Although as I understand they still appear in cut scenes but that can't be helped.

Back
Top Bottom