What do you think of Diablo 3?

Soldato
It's good for a run through or 2 but the end game is laughable, the fact that they expect you to just run the same content over and over to get a tiny stat increase which lets you run the same content again seems so pointless to me

Soldato
I absolutely love it. I am not a hardcore gamer but have 100's of hours in it. AT launch it was a bit meh, but once they got rid of the AH and sorted the drops out, it became just awesome :)

Soldato
I dont think its that good to be honest. Far too easy and not big enough.

You can make the levelling process easy by playing on normal, or impossible by sticking it on a higher torment level. Greater rifts scale upwards to infinity in difficulty, so the game is only as easy as you want it to be. The harder you make it, the greater the rewards, so it's not like you stick it on a higher difficulty just to make your game trickier.

Not big enough is a separate argument. I'd agree that act 4 is underdeveloped and would have liked more than one extra act on the expansion, but the game doesn't feel small in its current state.

Caporegime
The whole point of RPG end games is to farm for better gear :confused:

I know it's opinion but some of the reasons people are giving are dumb. The game is easy lol, show me your greater rift level 40+ completions then.

The game was terrible on release, it's improved a hell of a lot since the expansion and subsequent patches and seasons.

Soldato
Tried playing it through co-op with the missus, but D3 is just boring as ****. And i play RPGs/read fantasy fiction. Boring story, boring linear gameplay, boring boring boring.

Soldato
I think its really good up to a point. When youre levelling and getting those upgrades its great but once you get decent gear and get locked into specific gear that works best with certain specs, it suddenly gets a lot less rewarding to grind for much smaller improvements.

Very enjoyable up to that point imo!

Soldato
Playing with 3 other friends in a rift is fun for me.

If it is too easy, press Z and play in close up mode. Has got a lot better with the Reaper of Souls release but I guess it is not a game for everyone. But trying to get that one bit of gear with a few higher numbers is what I enjoy.

Man of Honour
I thought it was rubbish, extremely repetitive and not worth the money. I played it through once, upped the difficulty level and started over again before getting bored with it from doing the same things over again. Try Path of Exile on Steam. At least if you get bored of it it won't have cost you anything.

Associate
I think its really good up to a point. When youre levelling and getting those upgrades its great but once you get decent gear and get locked into specific gear that works best with certain specs, it suddenly gets a lot less rewarding to grind for much smaller improvements.

Very enjoyable up to that point imo!

Yeah this tbh. I also don't like the fact that if you don't group you're at a massive disadvantage instantly thanks to the bonuses. I also don't like the fact that it's often aimless grinding. All arpg's have that to a certain extent but it was focused aimlessness in the sense that you knew killing a certain boss gave a certain drop, even if it was as rare as a humble jose mourinho. i know why they wanted to change it but it's too far, putting the time in to get even the smallest upgrade becomes a lesson in frustration.

but otherwise it's worth playing, certainly the most polished of its kind.

Associate
I was pretty disappointed with diablo 3, I used to absolutely love diablo 2 and probably sunk 10x the amount of playtime into it compared to D3.
I cant quite put my finger on what was not quite right with D3 but it just all seemed very "meh", and I wasn't keen on the talents/skill build system.

I don't know if the expansion has fixed anything but I can't bring myself to splash out on the expansion in case I am disappointed further.

Soldato
Still learning.

Has to be good, when a couple of years down the line, it's still opening up to you.

That said, the auction house! As a casual few hours a week player with no interest in rmt, I need not explain:/

Back
Top Bottom