• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you buy a Titan Z if........

Soldato
For such a large amount, I could see Ebay / Paypal pursuing criminal proceedings.

The law comes down quite heavily on fraud, though not quite as heavily as in the states.

Soldato
PayPal usually places a restriction on withdrawals if it suspects suspicious activity on the account. And surely, receiving 10k in few days and trying to withdraw it immediately is such a thing.

The money might still actually be (blocked) in that (probably hijacked) PayPal account and the scammer won't see any of them in his bank account.

Is there a chance this guy could ship bricks and walk away scot-free?

no

Soldato
I sold some rare Neo Geo AES games on Ebay once. Almost as soon as the auction was over, the buyer was contacting me accusing me of being a scammer.

Associate
Funny the positive feedback, low priced girly stuff !

Hope she goes down ? Can't stand dishonest people mugging off people who work hard for their money !

Associate
I hope the people who contributed towards this scammer are happy. You're part of the reason people continue to do this on ebay. They clear off with the money before ebay/paypal can do anything about it.
I hope you are happy sharing your negative thoughts. Maybe if you read the last page, you'd know he probably won't get away with it. I will ask PayPal what they do with these guys once my money is returned.

In order to have this amount of money going in/out of your PayPal account you need to verify both address and identity to PayPal, so i'm sure they got him covered, unless of course, he did some identity theft first :)

Back
Top Bottom