*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
OP
Yup, I hoped it wouldn't despite all the evidence suggesting it would. Turns out the MMO F2P cancer is terminal. After 13 years of MMOing it seems I am going to have no choice but to give it up at this rate.

You know times are desperate when you start turning to Brad Mcquaid again for the hope of an MMO not tainted with F2P

I've given up on MMO's, the Candy Crush epidemic is rampant.

PayDay Lover
Associate
didnt brad do the awful Vanguard ? ;) ?

He sure did! Though to be fair, disasterous coding though it was, in terms of gameplay mechanics it is probably still one of my favorite MMO's.
If it were not for the fact he had to turn to SOE to bail him out, I may have even stuck around longer, but there was no hope of any more content coming out so once I was max I headed off.

The only thing worse than B2P/F2P is handing over the reins of your game to SOE :p which ironically also means inevitably going F2P.

Associate
He sure did! Though to be fair, disasterous coding though it was, in terms of gameplay mechanics it is probably still one of my favorite MMO's.
If it were not for the fact he had to turn to SOE to bail him out, I may have even stuck around longer, but there was no hope of any more content coming out so once I was max I headed off.

The only thing worse than B2P/F2P is handing over the reins of your game to SOE :p which ironically also means inevitably going F2P.

yes because eq & eq2 were such bad mmos at the time :rolleyes:

PayDay Lover
Associate
yes because eq & eq2 were such bad mmos at the time :rolleyes:

Firstly EQ was not designed by SOE, it was designed by Verant Interactive with SOEs money.
Secondly, yes EQ2 was a pretty poor MMO especially compared to EQ.
Though somewhat irrelevant because that was back in the early days before SOE really got into money grabbing groove

Soldato

Vanguard's failure had very little to do with SOE - this was purely down to Brad's mismanagement of the entire project pretty much from day 1. In fact, it was only because of his friendship with Smed that Vanguard ever saw the light of day. Nobody else wanted to touch it.

You only have to look at the train wreck that is Brad's latest project to see he is washed up.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Vanguard's failure had very little to do with SOE - this was purely down to Brad's mismanagement of the entire project pretty much from day 1. In fact, it was only because of his friendship with Smed that Vanguard ever saw the light of day. Nobody else wanted to touch it.

You only have to look at the train wreck that is Brad's latest project to see he is washed up.

Haha, yeah I have been watching that out of morbid curiousity.
The issue I had with SOE taking over - thanks to Brad's failure, is that immediately they started changing things to essentially mirror EQ2 which quickly took the few good things about Vanguard and started turning them bland, before then putting the game in stasis from the start - rather than making any real effort with it, so they took it to then bury it rather than actually do anything with it.
The game had terrible coding and **** poor optimisation, yet SOE did some minor works on the fundamental mechanics which needed little and did nothing with the actual issues

Associate
Recently got back into this game, had originally played with my brother and friend but they left, so I stopped. Many months later and I am enjoying this game a lot, the only downside I have is whilst levelling I may as well just be playing a single player game, lots of people around but no one talks or interacts more than a couple of lines.

Just started an Imperial Templar up and seems quite fun!

Associate
Recently got back into this game, had originally played with my brother and friend but they left, so I stopped. Many months later and I am enjoying this game a lot, the only downside I have is whilst levelling I may as well just be playing a single player game, lots of people around but no one talks or interacts more than a couple of lines.

Make sure you join a chatty guild :)

Associate
I'm planning on returning to this game when it launches as Tamriel Unlimited later this month.

I want to subscribe now so I get the Striped Senche mount when ESO moves over to Tamriel Unlimited however it seems I'm only being asked to pay £1 for a months subscription?

ed7da1c95c3385db04711d0241fdf038.png

Is this an unannounced offer to get old players to return?

Associate
Iirc isnt the £1 thing just a way of checking your card is legit? or that you have funds something like that, should be refunded pretty quickly, but its not related to the sub other than that I think.

Cancelled sub about a month ago personally, too busy with work atm, will probably hop on from time to time when TU hits.

Soldato
I only really got to play this on Saturdays and I think it was back in November I found a glitch in the system. I would try and sub for a month and for some reason it would charge me £1 then refund me a few minutes later. If I logged in quickly before the refund happened i could log in for the day. naughty :o

I was able to do this for a few Saturdays before this fixed it. I'm regretting it now thought because I don't think i can qualify for the Striped Senche mount.

Associate
I have started playing this now, Picked it up last month and finally got around to it :)

Rather enjoying it, still some annoying bugs here and there but i can forgive.

Is there a guild everyone is in or?

PayDay Lover
Associate

To be fair, that tends to be MMOs in general these days. Outside of Guilds, only for content that needs grouping do people actually make any social effort. ESO of course has a lot of TES fans playing, and so to an extent the 'solo syndrome' is even more apparent.

That said, for an MMO, the solo experience is probably one of the best I've done, the quests were very enjoyable to me.

For anyone who is in Daggerfall Covenant Faction and coming back/starting, I do run a small Guild on the EU server that I have just started opening up for recruitment. We are not a hardcore Guild but like to enjoy all the content the game has to offer, including raiding when we have enough interested in it.
Admittedly a fair number of us are already max lvl, but some newer members we have are in the 1-50 range.
If you happen to be interested then by all means check us out http://cruciosanctorum.enjin.com
If it ends up not being for you I won't be offended if you decide to move on :) But given you can have 5 Guilds in the game, no harm in experimenting

Back
Top Bottom