• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Soft shadows, hdbo+ and light one forget it's name.

Out them only soft shadows shows big difference in quality but performance is massive hit.

Okay thanks, I'll check them out.

I figured out the problem, the start of the game is locked to 60 fps. :D

Progressed a bit further and bam, 95% Crossfire scaling in QuadFire at 4k.

10z4qpg.jpg

Also there are some bugs with MSAA and SMAA in this game. If you look at this users video, i get the same issue when i use SMAA. I think it might need a game patch to correct the issue, this is not a driver fault. :)

Yes, that SMAA bug shown in that video is the one I was referring to when I mentioned visual artifacts earlier.
From other forum threads, I learned it only appears when crossfire is enabled, so it's either No AA (which looks awful) or MSAA (which is massive performance hit).

I'll see how it goes with shankly's suggestions.

Soldato
Soft shadows, hdbo+ and light one forget it's name.

Out them only soft shadows shows big difference in quality but performance is massive hit.

I don't see settings by those names.
I see Textures, Shadow, Post FX, Geometry, Vegetation, Terrain, Water, Environment, Ambient Occlusion, Anti-Aliasing, Godrays, Fur, and Trees Relief.

Edit: never mind, i found the Gameworks settings. "Gameworks" shows up on screen when you select them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, if the freesync screens are indeed out next week, we will HAVE to get the drivers next week.

And if things have been held up for that, I will be a little miffed.

Really would like crossfire in Elite so I can enable supersampling and get rid of jaggies.

Caporegime
OP
Okay thanks, I'll check them out.

Yes, that SMAA bug shown in that video is the one I was referring to when I mentioned visual artifacts earlier.
From other forum threads, I learned it only appears when crossfire is enabled, so it's either No AA (which looks awful) or MSAA (which is massive performance hit).

I'll see how it goes with shankly's suggestions.

That user was using a Nvidia setup by the way, so i wouldn't be so sure this is only an AMD issue. :)

Crossfire worked flawlessly with Vsync on btw.

Well, if the freesync screens are indeed out next week, we will HAVE to get the drivers next week.

And if things have been held up for that, I will be a little miffed.

Really would like crossfire in Elite so I can enable supersampling and get rid of jaggies.

They have not. As i said previously, they have not been held up for FreeSync, or specific date or event.

Last edited:
Soldato
They have not. As i said previously, they have not been held up for FreeSync, or specific date or event.

Fair enough - you did say that.

But if they are required for freesync, they will need to be out next week.

And if they are, it will look like an awful coincidence :)

Caporegime
OP
Got around to trying Dying Light on 14.12.

Found either Hitman Absolution or 1x1 Optimize custom Crossfire profiles seem to work flawlessly with all settings maxed out and vsync on. :)

Tested at 1440P on a single 295x2.

tOHDfdu.jpg

2r7c75h.jpg

w8xph0.jpg

1g653q.jpg

Soldato
Got around to trying Dying Light on 14.12.

Found either Hitman Absolution or 1x1 Optimize custom Crossfire profiles seem to work flawlessly with all settings maxed out and vsync on. :)

Tested at 1440P on a single 295x2.

tOHDfdu.jpg

2r7c75h.jpg

w8xph0.jpg

1g653q.jpg

Whats good for Advanced Warfare, because that is utter #### with crossfire enabled :mad:

Caporegime
OP
Only tried multi so far.

Crossfire enabled results in first half a minute or so of lag and stutter. Like 2 FPS, and random mouse lag in menus.

Disabled is running (not wonderfully) better.

Yes multiplayer is not very multi gpu friendly at all. Only so much the drivers can do in situations like this. I think the previous cod game had similar problems too.

Soldato
AMD Catalyst 15. 2 Beta Driver - Update @Warsam71
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we working on our next driver which should be ready soon. This driver will be a Beta Driver. We are currently testing and fine-tuning it to ensure it delivers an optimal customer experience.

As always, I will make sure to inform everyone when the driver is ready by posting here as well as working with my team to announce its arrival through our official website and social channels.

Thank you for your patience

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1853757

Associate
Whats good for Advanced Warfare, because that is utter #### with crossfire enabled :mad:
The last CoD is: better than before for sure, good ideas but a technical mess as always... developer fault

even the intro lag wasn't fixed, they don't test their games properly... they do a console port and... nevermind... :D until you don't buy at day one anymore
I think that even DX12 won't be a panacea for this kind of people... a lot of inaccuracies that they leave abandoned to themselves

Back
Top Bottom