The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Soldato
i give it about an 7 out of 10, it would be 8 and a half but i noticed when theres something black on a white background if u move it fast it ghosts badly. it only happens on black on white

Associate
Anybody sent one back yet (to OcUK or Philips)? I'm curious what Philips customer service is like and for that matter how reliable their screens are.

Having looked through this thread I can't find any hint that any of you have not decided to keep this screen, with the single exception of Sledged due to the PWM flicker triggering migraines, but drstuf's post about having 3 monitors all with faults/marks on the screen was a bit disappointing.

Associate
the customer service has been pretty good to be honest

however all 3 screens came with different things in the panel, first was a hair at the bottom, the second a blob off to the left and the third was the worst with a blob at the bottom and a piece of dust right in the middle, i am not alone on this it seems to be a bit of a VA thing. i do have pics as they were requested by philips during rma's

2 screens have gone back to philips and a refund back to my bank yet i am still using one of the screens as they didnt want to leave me without which was good of them.

what next tho...... my dell 3011 looks old and tiny next to the philips

Associate
For those that ordered from the rain forest.. they've changed the status of the product page, from "available in 1-2 months" to "Currently unavailable, sign up to be notified", and the item can no longer be found by searching. I notice also, that the main high street retailer has none in stock either.

Associate
i had a problem with watching films, when someone moves quickly their skin distorts and and goes bright white for a split second, and the film looked like it was stuttering, but i have now sorted it by turning smart response off.

Associate
For those that ordered from the rain forest.. they've changed the status of the product page, from "available in 1-2 months" to "Currently unavailable, sign up to be notified", and the item can no longer be found by searching. I notice also, that the main high street retailer has none in stock either.

Yeah I asked them about that, they said I'd still get mine within the dates specified (9th-30th! sigh) but it would be back up when they get stock from their supplier, they're not discontinuing it or anything

Looks like Overclockers is out of stock now as well. I'm surprised no one has grabbed that B-stock one though, good price

Soldato
Hi. I recognized one "issue", darker textures sometimes slightly change colours when moving. For example in Skyrim mud and rocks become a little darker when the slightest mouse movement starts. After the move stopped, those textures are "normal" again. It is no big deal for me, but has anyone else recognized something like this too?

Thanks☺.

thats smaller to what i was saying

i noticed when theres something black on a white background if u move it fast it ghosts badly.

either black on white or black on a lighter colour.

Associate
do you have smart response off or on, as i found it stopped my issuse with ghosting and white on black problems, that is with smart response off.

Associate
Hi. I recognized one "issue", darker textures sometimes slightly change colours when moving. For example in Skyrim mud and rocks become a little darker when the slightest mouse movement starts. After the move stopped, those textures are "normal" again. It is no big deal for me, but has anyone else recognized something like this too?

Thanks☺.

Do you have SmartResponse or SmartUniformity turned on ? Try turning it off.

I'm not one for reading manuals, so I've only just found out how to control the volume easily.

In the OSD Setup there's an option called "UserKey", which can be either Input, Volume or Audio Source. Switching it to Volume lets you access the volume menu by pressing the joystick down rather than having to navigate the menu.

Associate
what settings u using?

I'm using a MiniDP @ 60Hz (make sure you're running at 60Hz, it can sometimes go back to 30Hz after you turn the screen off + on)

My screen settings are:

Picture Format : 1:1
Brightness: 100% (this could be a factor)
Contrast: 50%
Sharpness: 50%
Smart Response: Off
Smart Contrast: Off
Gamma 2.2
Pixel Orbiting: On
Overscan: Off

PIP/PBP Mode: Off

Color: sRGB

DisplayPort 1.2

Soldato
I'm using a MiniDP @ 60Hz (make sure you're running at 60Hz, it can sometimes go back to 30Hz after you turn the screen off + on)

My screen settings are:

Picture Format : 1:1
Brightness: 100% (this could be a factor)
Contrast: 50%
Sharpness: 50%
Smart Response: Off
Smart Contrast: Off
Gamma 2.2
Pixel Orbiting: On
Overscan: Off

PIP/PBP Mode: Off

Color: sRGB

DisplayPort 1.2

maybe i have a faulty monitor because i have tried every settings. but i really hoping it's not because i get no flickering and no dark corners. it's only the ghosting issue... i don't know what to do.

Soldato
Yes I get that ghosting if I move the whole window. Same settings as "exiges" above. Haven't noticed it before so not really bothered by it.

i notices it on that site and in one game.

that why i'm ask other people are getting the same. if there's some that don't have this issue then we have faulty monsters. i know it's a small issue but £690 is a lot of money just to ignore a fault.

Back
Top Bottom