• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
I don't consider the 'Raptr' software's record function to be the equivalent of Shadowplay.

'RAPTR' software is horrible - I tried to use it for a few days, kept getting annoyed by it trying to take over my PC/Games, also the recording function is the worst I've used - I'm using OBS to record instead.

What you consider is irrelevant to whether you like it or not. there are plenty of users who like and hate Raptr/GeForce Experience and seeing as neither of them are even close to OBS its a moot point.

Last edited:
Soldato
@AMDmatt,

AMD requested OcUK's red team for our input in what we want from our driver, we gave lots of input, AMD listened and delivered and then some with Omega.

Omega quite simply the best driver I have ever used, monumental delivery from AMD, incredible, new features/fixes/tweaks/game profiles/further XDMA mgpu improvements, one massive step forward.

Present day, two steps back.:(

Ramgate got AMD X amount of Nvidia SLi users swapping over to AMD and AMD still haven't delivered them any kind of support that they already had running SLi, they are now missing game time that they were already enjoying on Nvidia:o

I suspect more will leave AMD than stay, what's the point staying?

I wouldn't.

Don't really care if new features/FS/whatever is getting included in this driver, AMD could have had beta Omega drivers rolled out for each new mgpu/profile as and when available.

That would have kept AMD more Nvidia users I imagine.

If AMD wants to be taken serious in the community, AMD, please get your finger out and deal with your customers, as the community shouts loudest, you will be rewarded with more customers.

Which brings me to my second point:

Could we at least have some details on games that are getting a crossfire profile.

A good bit more communication wouldn't go amiss informing the community how profiles are coming along instead of 'soon'=constant wall of silence.

@Matt, if you can answer-on the presumption you pass feedback up the chain, it's pretty obvious I'm not alone on these topics, any chance OcUK could get some feedback on whether AMD will address/discuss this with the community?:)

Soldato
I was thinking of picking up a 2nd hand 290x recently but the lack of driver support , updates or roll outs has really put me off to be fair, at least when I buy a new game there is a driver for it within a week if not on or before launch with nvidia

Associate
I was thinking of picking up a 2nd hand 290x recently but the lack of driver support , updates or roll outs has really put me off to be fair, at least when I buy a new game there is a driver for it within a week if not on or before launch with nvidia
IMO they have some problems in the drivers team... and it's weird for a company like that 'cause they know that can't make users wait so long for games/crossfire profiles (better to optimize drivers for games releases than doing sensational announcements which, anyway, can be done at a later time with calm...) ...or issues to improve GameWorks titles and so they're focused on other features to fill the gap...otherwise this behavior is inexplicable. That said,I am inclined to think that DX11 is a bad affair to anyone... too old, and even for this reason they thought about Mantle & co... because is not a good thing if for any title the team has to analyze and code with a patch....it's not acceptable if someone else has to optimize the game developer's work...

Last edited:
Soldato
Just loaded up FC4 Valley of the Yetis patch and it's looking grim:

AFR mgpu-gubbed-Screen corruption.

Also, forcing full screen crashes the game single/mgpu.

Not looked into it but perhaps someone can have a look and see as I'm off.

I'd wait and see what happens, hopefully it's a one off delay and normal support will resume.:)

Associate

+1
And that is why i will stay with nvidia.
I feel sorry for some AMD gamers
IMO nvidia has great driver support :)

Soldato
Think everyone would be happier if they would just communicate.

Fine, they are going to take a while. Just talk to us.

Don't wait ages before telling us It will be the 19th.

What is it you are working on that's so special? Big it up if there is some awesome stuff.

Don't leave your customers simply wondering what the hell going on. We will assume the worst, as will many potential customers.

Just communicate for God's sake. It doesn't take much.

Got a weekend coming up where I may get some game time for first time in weeks, and games I am currently playing or have downloaded to play, pretty much all have no mgpu support, or issues.

Soldato
Think everyone would be happier if they would just communicate.

Fine, they are going to take a while. Just talk to us.

Don't wait ages before telling us It will be the 19th.

What is it you are working on that's so special? Big it up if there is some awesome stuff.

Don't leave your customers simply wondering what the hell going on. We will assume the worst, as will many potential customers.

Just communicate for God's sake. It doesn't take much.

Got a weekend coming up where I may get some game time for first time in weeks, and games I am currently playing or have downloaded to play, pretty much all have no mgpu support, or issues.

Do have to agree with giving us a date, Saying its ready when its ready was sort of up in the air, Especially when they release a statement not long after saying its been a set for a 19th date for some time

Back
Top Bottom