*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
As a new customer Sky have offered me the Family bundle for £16.50/month, which although isn't any better from what you can get with discount codes online, I'm going to try and get them to squeeze in a multiroom box :).

Soldato
can i ask how you get the BPL using nbc? and what is the quality like?
i am up for paying a reasonable fee for the footy etc but not what virgin/sky charge

Yeah, a good vpn is needed for access but you can buy msnbc sports live extra accounts from american ebay and also from people on facebook that do chipped sky boxes. They typically run £25 a season and have 10 channels on matchdays with all games live in full HD to run in chrome or firefox.

Soldato
Wow cancellations at sky didn't want to even care.

Offered me 4 quid off and lock me into another 12 month. No thanks
Told them id cancel and go to virgin and they said okay but don't forget u cant come back to sky for 12 months at your current address in yours or ur partners name if you do you will be charged for all equipment to do so.

When did cancellations become idiots?
Speaking with virgin media now to arrange an install. Sky can **** off

Don
Ha, Sky just rang me today (after cancelling on Monday) and offered me £50 credit on my account and then after that £38 for the full TV package+HD. So it works out a little better than what I was paying (£35). Only for ten months so I will cancel in December and hopefully get a similar deal. I won't go over £40 a month as we just don't use it enough, I do enjoy having it there when we do though. Especially for football and Disney for the young un.

Soldato
Wow cancellations at sky didn't want to even care.

Offered me 4 quid off and lock me into another 12 month. No thanks
Told them id cancel and go to virgin and they said okay but don't forget u cant come back to sky for 12 months at your current address in yours or ur partners name if you do you will be charged for all equipment to do so.

When did cancellations become idiots?
Speaking with virgin media now to arrange an install. Sky can **** off

cancellations are crap, wait for a call back in a week or 2.

Soldato
Just record everything you do with sky. I did and good job i did as they are robbin little filthy *******s.

Sign you into a contract that turns out to be no thin like said over the phone. Email recordings to the manager. He sorts it out.

Year down line, they did it again. Again spoke to manager. This time he listened to the recording from their side and then rang me back up apologising and I now get TV package including F1 and all HD/3D channels, multiroom, sky + go for consoles for £15 a month with no contract.

Associate
I quit about a month ago and have just had an offer in the post of 50% off for a year. Quite tempting but i'm managing fine with freeview at the moment so no real reason to sign up again.

Back
Top Bottom