Cancelled Games

Associate
I was looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever (even went to a Q+A with Randy Pitchford) but when it was eventually released, oh dear. It was a disappointment for me.

Perhaps some games are best left unfinished ;)

Soldato
Cancelled games I was looking forward too the most:

Duke Nukem Forever: the version from around 2001 that looked like a super Half-Life.

Resident Evil 2 for Saturn: Capcom needed the staff for Code Veronica so scrapped it :(.

Commander Keen Episodes 7/8/9 (Universe is toast trilogy): iD decided to focus all their attention on their upcoming games Wolfenstein and Doom, leaving the series that made them famous to fall by the wayside, the publisher 3D Realms (then Apogee) decided to become a developer.

We won't ever see half life 3. It's been too long and valve know that no matter how good the game is, it won't be good enough for the hype the community has already created even before it has been announced.

The same was true of Half-life 2 though, and it still sold great numbers and was well received, despite being a shadow of the original.

Associate
For the love of the High Res Screenshot thread, thank GOD STALKER 2 was cancelled ;)

And thanks very much to this thread, never heard of War For The Overworld, and now I'm smiling again as I really really do miss the Dungeon Keeper series.

And as what was cancelled, SW:Battlefront 3 ripped my heart out. I know it's coming out, but its EA and current DICE, so expecting it to be a completely different (and ****) game

Caporegime
I'd crawl a mile over broken glass for Stalker 2.

I hope they get around to resurrecting the game, bags of atmosphere and hard as hell. That would do me.

Well, let's hope they do. I've always thought it would be more a case of when, rather than if. We will have to wait and see. :)

Back
Top Bottom