Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
So it may be slightly outside the lines of this thread, but I got myself a couple of Wagyu burgers from Turner & George for the weekend. I'll be cooking them on the BBQ, and I have high hopes that they will be very good.

Associate
So it may be slightly outside the lines of this thread, but I got myself a couple of Wagyu burgers from Turner & George for the weekend. I'll be cooking them on the BBQ, and I have high hopes that they will be very good.

I got some blue label burgers today, going to cook them on the BBQ tomorrow! They look awesome can't wait to cook them.

Got some sausages too, got 'Le Pigs' and 'Pepper Pigs'

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone gone to Burger Brothers in Brighton, was there yesterday and just googled best burgers in Brighton and went to this place.

Went for the our favourite, which was Burger, Goats Cheese, Roasted red peppers, onions, special sauce, and some mild chili sauce, topped up with some Chorizo, it was bloody good, not the cheapest mind, (8.50 just for that lot) but would certainly have it again. All cooked fresh in front of you.

Also apparently the best burger place on trip advisor in the UK, was 5/890 just for Brighton, although make of that what you will.

Soldato
Bleecker Street recently opened up a shop (they were previously a food van) in old spittalfields market. I think they opened 2 weeks ago?

I've had it four times since.

They have a small outdoor space rather than any massive indoor opportunity, but they are walking distance from Liverpool Street, and a great choice if you're in the vicinity.

I've been to MeatLiquor et al (mission is the best), Bodeans, Byron, GBK, Red Dog, Patty & Bun and others.

I've never had something quite like the Bleecker Black. It's two beef patty's, with a slice of black pudding in between and it's something else. It is incredible.

To counter this, the angry fries are ok at best. From what I can tell they are the normal fries with franks hot sauce (or something very similar) smothered over it, and a very poor blue cheese sauce.

The new shakes they do (they didn't do these in the van) are good, the black and white (chocolate and vanilla) are quite nice, and will hold their own with most others.

The Bleecker black is a bit of a small burger (think quarter pounder sized circumference), but god it's incredible. Seriously, you have to try it.

Also, anyone else got tickets for Meatopia this year?

kd

Man of Honour
^ That place looks interesting, Raymond. Bun looks a bit blah but the rest looks great. How was it?

Been to Solita in the Northern Quarter a few times, it's a good place. Burgers are great and those pizza fries they do :eek:

Ah..I've not tried the pizza fries. I'll have to remedy that :)

How did they turn out? I've not done a T&G order for ages.

Caporegime
You get a choice of bun, sesame, regular and sweet American. I went for the American bun, turns out it's like a regular bun? lol

The ingredients inside is really good, plenty of flavour in the beef, fresh salad but i did have to dismantle it to eat it though, it's too big to eat it like that on the plate.

Man of Honour
Yeah. I'd probably remove the (onion ring?) stuff that is on top of the burgers and then try to crush it together to make it edible but it does look like the classic "stack it high for presentation despite it being impossible to eat" thing that lots of burger places like to do.

Soldato
Had the 'Big Boy' in Lolita Cantina in Liverpool on Saturday.

PEV0KqI.jpg

I feel bad slating the place but it just wasn't right. I was absolutely battered and to be fair, I should not have eaten it and I should have complained but I didn't and I ate it.

Been sick for the last two days. The meat was off and I knew it then and I really know it now.

Man of Honour
Aside from the issue of the meat being off from the sounds of it and the ridiculous size of the thing the way the cheese isn't melted at all makes me suspicious. The chips also look anaemic and there's a crazy amount of red cabbage/coleslaw stuff.

I guess, in summation, I mean "waa". I'm not a fan :)

Back
Top Bottom