What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Oh I know.

So will I do some training first before deciding how much? Everyone just seems to advertise X amount of days for £600 etc so not sure what to say to them if you know what I mean. Ringing tomorrow anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did a 4 day course and didnt have CBT and hadnt riden in about 7-8 years. I was quoted a 3 days course by one place but didnt take them up on it. its all down to how well you take in what they are saying

Soldato
Last time I was in a geared bike was 12 years ago in Brazil, than 5 years without any bike and for the last 3 years I've been riding a 50 scooter and yes you can get really bad habits.
I did my Module one last week, 1st day training and 2nd day was a morning training and test after lunch. (had 2 fault out of 5, both for riding too fast on the slow riding :D)
Did Module two this week, 1st day training and 2nd day was a morning training and test after lunch. (had 2 minor faults out of 10)

I really had to take an extra care on shoulder check, positioning and switching off the indicators.

I think you would be ok with a 3 days course, but you could do a 4 day just to be more relaxed and lose the bad habits.. funny is that after you pass the test, the bad habits comes back in less than 10 minutes :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

coming back to the topic, I ordered a new sump plug for my scooter as the original is rounded and I cannot remove it :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Passed my theory ready for booking training/tests.

I've been riding every day for 2years and nearly 10k, how do I word it to the trainers that I shouldn't need too much training without sounding like a cocky ****? :p (Im not at all)

Also cleaned all the salt off and hoping for no more.

I just exlained to my trainer when booking that I'd done 6 months and about 6k miles on a 125, in all weathers, filtering etc etc. They'll know if you just tell them how long you've been riding that you'll need a bit less than the full course. I passed first time after a 3 day DAS course, which was actually 2 half days, followed by MOD1 at 9am on the 3rd day and MOD2 at 12:30 later that day.

Associate
Took the Triumph 675 daytona into Destination Triumph Solent near Fareham this morning for it's MOT. The service was excellent, free coffee as you'd expect and a Bonnie test ride to take away with me for the onward journey to work.

Loved the laid back style of riding the bonnie demands and would seriously consider one if I had a dedicated track bike to go with it. Very smooth engine, fast enough, comfy and it looks cool.

Picked the daytona up after lunch, it passed with flying colours. The contrast between stepping off the bonnie and jumping back on the daytona was immense! The MOT cost of £30 was worth it just to get a go on the bonnie.

I'll be booking it in for a 18K mile service + spark plugs and valve clearances next month with these guys, couldn't be happier with them.

Soldato
Is this even legal?

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989

11.—(1) No vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which is capable of showing a red light to the front, except–

(b)a side marker lamp or a side retro reflector

(ii)a solo motor bicycle or a motor bicycle combination;

I don't see why not, it really is a soft glow. Rather than a blinky twinky disco light that cyclists wear or the stupid looking blue led's people insist on putting on their vehicles.

Caporegime
Took the Triumph 675 daytona into Destination Triumph Solent near Fareham this morning for it's MOT.

I'm thinking about a 675 as an upgrade from my SV650S. What are your thoughts on the bike? Comfy, good quality, fast, fun, fit (I'm a very average 5'11"), etc.? I've seen it in a showroom and it looked / felt small! Grateful for your thoughts!

Ordered a new seat as the one the bike came with has gaffa tape holding it together. Also cleaned the chain...turns out the chain is silver! who knew! :D

I need to do that. Any product recommendations please?

Last edited:
Soldato
The Mille has had her throttle bodies sync'd up, a Forza FR100 EPROM fitted which has resulted in the power delivery now being utterly bonkers and suspension geometry tweaked. All done by AP Performance at the AP Scottish servicing tour day by Griff, the man himself and his crew. :cool: The ride home was awesome. :D

Did find out my rear Sachs shock is pretty goosed though so now on the hunt for a replacement.

Caporegime
You bored already?

The 675 engine in the Daytona is identical to the one in my Street Triple, it's a beauty!

:D Not bored really, just thinking medium term. I tend to think very far ahead :(.

I've barely touched the capabilities of the SV, I've still got plenty chicken strips to prove it! Maybe the dry roads that spring brings will make me braver.

Caporegime
Tq1x0dh.gif

Soldato
Encouraging update today. Mototechniks (who have been brilliant) got confirmation from Aprilia this afternoon that everything would be covered under warranty. So, parts have been ordered and they're expected to arrive next week. Fingers crossed on that one, as the workshop is fully booked up between now and departure, so the chaps are going to have to put some extra time in to get things done. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I feel hugely relieved that there's increasing certainty, even if it means I have to pack the panniers, taxi to pick it up and then dash straight to the ferry.

I feel like I'll be getting a new bike back.

Associate
I'm thinking about a 675 as an upgrade from my SV650S. What are your thoughts on the bike? Comfy, good quality, fast, fun, fit (I'm a very average 5'11"), etc.? I've seen it in a showroom and it looked / felt small! Grateful for your thoughts!

The bike is small, larger than a CBR600RR but smaller than a ZX6R. At 5'7" it fits me perfectly. The handling is very confidence inspiring for such a quick turning sports bike. Build quality and finish is excellent, mine is an 08 model with 18K miles on the clock and looks like new. I find the bike very comfy for what it is, double bubble screen was a good investment for motorway miles. Did a 45 mile commute on it on fast a roads and motorway for months without complaint.

The triple engine is a nice compromise between the torque of a twin and the revy power of an in-line 4 and makes it very drivable from any revs. Smooth and easy to control at low speed round town with an easy clutch and very slick gearbox.

I love it, but then I'm biased as I have one.

Back
Top Bottom