*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
I don't understand it just shows coming soon for all the S6 Edge colours and both 64gb and 128gb of all colours?

That's weird, prices still definitely showing for me.

EDIT: It should say "TBC". If it says "Coming Soon" you are on a different page, not the one I linked.

Soldato
CPW 64gb sim free price seems reasonable (or at least expected) - amazons is laughable.

think I'll wait and see how the active looks - waterproofing and a massive battery do seem too good not to consider

Associate
That's weird, prices still definitely showing for me.

EDIT: It should say "TBC". If it says "Coming Soon" you are on a different page, not the one I linked.

Nope I checked your link it just says coming soon after I click pre order and I choose the size and colour. Tried all colours.

Associate
Looks like I'm going to order from amazon.de. Prices here are ridiculous

prices everywhere are ridiculous tbh - every new generation of phone is more expensive than the last. At the end of the day, it's a phone...

you press a bunch of numbers it dials someone
you speak, you hang up
sometimes you browse the web a bit on it, you read an email, you might even watch a movie or play a game but it's always secondary to the real function

£650 for that is an awful lot of money. My Z10 which I bought for £79 is flawless in every respect, comes with a brilliant operating system and looks great. I'm sure the S6 Edge is a much better phone - but would I notice that that much difference? Doubt it.

It seems to me that with each launch the tolerance for pricing is stretched ever more and no-one seems to take a step back and say "hang on a minute...I'm paying 650 quid for a phone".

Even when the S4 was brand new, I paid £366 for it for my wife sim-free. I struggle to understand why the Edge is priced almost double that, a year and a half later.

/rant over

Soldato
but it's always secondary to the real function

Please remind me what the real function on a phone is again?

Vx2APuF.jpg

Code:
How long we spend using our smartphones (by activity) each day
Activity 			Time/day
Browsing the internet 		24.81
Checking social networks 	17.49
Playing games 			14.44
Listening to music 		15.64
Making calls 			12.13
Checking/writing emails 	11.1
Text messaging 			10.2
Watching TV/films 		9.39
Reading books 			9.3
Taking photographs 		3.42
Total 	128

S4 prices on Amazon: http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsu...one-storage/product/B00BULAUWG?context=browse there would have been places that had it cheaper, like there will be for the S6.

Soldato

Was going to pick this quote as well.

The function of the phone is subjective. People use it in different ways. I can pretty much bet that the majority of people reading this thread will use their phone more for other purposes than simply making calls - you included.

Back
Top Bottom