Furygan leather jackets

Caporegime
Hi all

Fairly specific one here I grant you...

With the spring approaching, I'm looking at ditching the textiles and going jeans+leather jacket. I like the look of the Akira and Brutale Evo 2 jackets, don't suppose anyone has any experience of Furygan kit?

It's expensive, granted, but does the quality live up to this or is it just French tax and I might as well buy an RST?

Going to try in person isn't practical for me, I'd rather order online and return if necessary. However I'd rather hedge my bets first as I'm lazy and would rather not have to return loads of stuff.

Humour me!

Soldato
I have furygan textile kit (titan jacket and duke trousers) and I love it, it's properly well made stuff. I have tried on the Houston Amo II jacket and the leather was incredibly thick, and along with my titan jacket they are very heavyweight (in a good way). Also, the D30 armour is bloody awesome.

So yes, the quality is very much up there, I'm not a fan of lightweight jackets, they just don't feel well built.

When it comes to buying some leathers later this year, Furygan stuff will be at the top of my list along with A*. Luckily I have 2 shops close to me that have a decent range of furygan kit so I've been able to try everything on.

Gets a recommendation from me :D

Soldato
I have jacket and pants, made from good quality leather and not from 'cheap' areas such as the groin. I did however ditch the back armour which wasn't 3do (might have changed??) and used my existing forcefield body harness. if you go that route take a look at FFs newer range. They might be certified as lv2 but stuff like the sub4 are at lv3 specs and cover a larger area (kidneys).

Basically though, I've had mine about two years and had no regrets about buying them.

Associate
I've had the Houston Amo 2 jacket for 4 years now. Its a great jacket. No problems with the stitching or zips and it still looks great after I've chiseled the flies off it!

The jacket fit does vary between models so try a few of them and get whatever fits you best.

Being a lanky git, it was one of the only jackets cut slim enough in the body and long enough in the arms to fit me!

I bought the Veloce leather pants/jeans but they are no good for anyone over 6ft and the leg lengths are the same in every waist size.

I bought some new triumph ones last year that actually fit me so I'm trying to get rid of the Furygan ones (32" waist if you're interested)

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers all. Going to order the Brutale Evo 2 as a happy medium between sporty and touring. The Akira looks good, but a bit too track-focused for my purposes.

How are you getting on with the Brutale Evo 2? I'm looking at leather jackets at the moment and my local shops only have the brutale evo and Houston amo, the Houston is a little to relaxed fit for my liking, the brutale fits me like a glove.

Black does go with everything, which is another advantage :D

Caporegime
OP
How are you getting on with the Brutale Evo 2? I'm looking at leather jackets at the moment and my local shops only have the brutale evo and Houston amo, the Houston is a little to relaxed fit for my liking, the brutale fits me like a glove.

Black does go with everything, which is another advantage :D

Probably too late for your purposes, but I've finally ordered a couple of Furygan leather jackets - the Brutale Evo 2 and the Akira (arrived today).

As it happens I preferred the Akira, partly because I think it looks cooler and stands out a bit more with its white logos, but it also fit me better. So I'm going to return the Brutale, though it is a lovely jacket and both are obviously extremely good quality.

Akira:

dgqTnx9.jpg

Ep0Y7Pq.jpg

Brutale Evo 2:

7SAcucZ.jpg

EG5SUIu.jpg

I'm a 5'11" @ 90Kg (45" chest I believe?) and the large fits me snugly with a shirt underneath. The XL would have been a bit too big and I'm going on a purge, so I think it's just about the right size for me.

£390 so it flipping better be! Now it's time to get some less baggy trousers :o.

Soldato
I've had the Brutale Evo 2 for a couple of months now :D Just gave it a wipe down as it was covered in bugs from the last couple of weeks inc 800 miles of welsh flies, came up like new.

They're both very nice, the only thing I'd change on the Brutale would be to have a couple of vents, but even in this weather, when I'm on the move with the main zip undone 4 inches and the arm zips undone an inch or 2 I get some decent air through it. My local dealer didn't have much choice so it was either the Houston Amo or the Brutale.

I'm 11st 7 (75kg) and a lanky 6ft 4in, the medium fits lovely. Are the Akira and Brutale different fits/arm lengths? Would be good to know for future purchases.

As a plus, it zips to my Duke textile trousers, so if there's the risk of a shower I go half textile/half leather. Most days in the summer though it's kevlar jeans and leather jacket. I do need to add some leather trousers though, FYI the Bud EVO and Veloce pants are exactly the same model, the only difference is the Bud Evo has the large Furygan logo down the legs. A 34 fitted me perfectly, and I take a 34" waist jean.

Caporegime
OP
Rocking the MC Hammer pants!

:D

I've had the Brutale Evo 2 for a couple of months now :D Just gave it a wipe down as it was covered in bugs from the last couple of weeks inc 800 miles of welsh flies, came up like new.

They're both very nice, the only thing I'd change on the Brutale would be to have a couple of vents, but even in this weather, when I'm on the move with the main zip undone 4 inches and the arm zips undone an inch or 2 I get some decent air through it. My local dealer didn't have much choice so it was either the Houston Amo or the Brutale.

I'm 11st 7 (75kg) and a lanky 6ft 4in, the medium fits lovely. Are the Akira and Brutale different fits/arm lengths? Would be good to know for future purchases.

As a plus, it zips to my Duke textile trousers, so if there's the risk of a shower I go half textile/half leather. Most days in the summer though it's kevlar jeans and leather jacket. I do need to add some leather trousers though, FYI the Bud EVO and Veloce pants are exactly the same model, the only difference is the Bud Evo has the large Furygan logo down the legs. A 34 fitted me perfectly, and I take a 34" waist jean.

The Brutale and Akira had very similar arm lengths, but I noticed the Brutale was much tighter around the wrist than the Akira, to the extent that a large was ruled out on this alone. This was with the thermal lining mind, hardly appropriate for this weather!

Thanks for the fyi on the pants. I'm a 34" for jeans too so this is good to know.

I've actually just sent the Akira back too, as I found a hole in one of the pockets and the lining was stitched too close to the zip on one arm, meaning the zip kept getting caught when undoing it.

Great jacket apart from that though, so I'm going to get it exchanged.

Caporegime
OP
In the end I got a refund on the Akira, as a) I had some buyer's remorse tbh and b) I'd lost confidence with the problems I had.

But this season I decided again that I wanted one, and I've just taken delivery of the Akira in XL this time (looking above, it's a bit too small?!) as well as some Draggin Drayko Traffic kevlar jeans (with knee armour included) from Sportsbikeshop, of course.

aNjrbUk.png

The jeans need taking up, but the jacket is a pretty good fit. I've got a 46" chest and I'm 5'11, 90Kg, and the XL jacket fits, but is on the very slightly baggier-than-I-would-like side. The L was just too tight with any kind of clothing on. It looked very sporty, but it just wasn't comfortable enough. I think the XL is the right balance, even though I keep thinking it looks too baggy!

Soldato
In the end I got a refund on the Akira, as a) I had some buyer's remorse tbh and b) I'd lost confidence with the problems I had.

But this season I decided again that I wanted one, and I've just taken delivery of the Akira in XL this time (looking above, it's a bit too small?!) as well as some Draggin Drayko Traffic kevlar jeans (with knee armour included) from Sportsbikeshop, of course.

aNjrbUk.png

The jeans need taking up, but the jacket is a pretty good fit. I've got a 46" chest and I'm 5'11, 90Kg, and the XL jacket fits, but is on the very slightly baggier-than-I-would-like side. The L was just too tight with any kind of clothing on. It looked very sporty, but it just wasn't comfortable enough. I think the XL is the right balance, even though I keep thinking it looks too baggy!
Nice, does that one have the thermal liner? You have to take that into account, in that it probably won't be worn with the thermal liner much. At least you'll have room for a couple of layers underneath.

I'm 11st 7 (75kg) and a lanky 6ft 4in, the medium fits lovely.

Wow, a year ago I was only 11st 7! :eek: I'm now up to 13st 2 (83kg), and getting heavier every week - my Brutale EVO 2 is a 'snug' fit without the thermal liner and with just a t-shirt underneath, if I keep on putting weight on i'll need a new jacket by next summer.

I just found the thermal liner, and with it in I can't actually move that much :D Can't put my arms over my head, or together in front of me... :p

And before anyone says anything it's pure muscle ;) Ok, 90% muscle with a bit of fat :D

Caporegime
OP
Nice, does that one have the thermal liner? You have to take that into account, in that it probably won't be worn with the thermal liner much. At least you'll have room for a couple of layers underneath.

Wow, a year ago I was only 11st 7! :eek: I'm now up to 13st 2 (83kg), and getting heavier every week - my Brutale EVO 2 is a 'snug' fit without the thermal liner and with just a t-shirt underneath, if I keep on putting weight on i'll need a new jacket by next summer.

I just found the thermal liner, and with it in I can't actually move that much :D Can't put my arms over my head, or together in front of me... :p

And before anyone says anything it's pure muscle ;) Ok, 90% muscle with a bit of fat :D

Yes the Akira comes with a thermal liner, out in that photo though.

I keep thinking the L looks better but then I need to remember I'm probably only getting fatter from here on in (aged 35 :p).

I remember thinking that you sounded incredibly light relative to your height, good to hear you're putting some meat on :).

Soldato
I can't put my arms together in front of me with nothing on!
Haha :D
Yes the Akira comes with a thermal liner, out in that photo though.

I keep thinking the L looks better but then I need to remember I'm probably only getting fatter from here on in (aged 35 :p).

I remember thinking that you sounded incredibly light relative to your height, good to hear you're putting some meat on :).

Yeah I was skinny, and still am tbh. 14-15 stone is the aim, I've put on a stone since February by hitting the gym. The downside is that lots of clothes are starting to get very tight!!

I'm also 35, and I think it hit me that from here onwards it's nothing but fat that I'll be gaining unless I do something about it. I used to get a bad back if I didn't sleep in the right position, now I never get a bad back as my core is a lot stronger, unless it's aching from squatting or deadlifting :D

Anyway, back to the jackets - if I need a new leather jacket next summer i'll see that as a good thing, no doubt it'll be another Furygan jacket :) The only issue I've had with mine is the velcro rubber faster at the top of the zip has broken off a few days ago, but that's probably more my fault.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom