The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Associate
Just booted pc up and my monitor was going crazy craxy flickering and going off and doing it for about 2 mins and now fine .. what the heck is this ? also i got light bleed in all corners when there is no imput or a film with black bars , not on ink black background but its there . slightly worried about this flickering and then blank screen and so on for a couple of minutes . Im thinking problems are going to start to arise as maybe philips are yanking these out in double time due to demand .and over seeing there QC .

Mine did this flickering too a few times. I don't see it happen now though. Very odd.

Soldato
You do know that's an MST and not an SST screen right ?

"Readers who have been keeping a close eye on 4K developments will know that earlier displays utilised Multi-Stream Transport (MST), forcing the initial batch of 4K panels to be recognised by the OS as two, or more, displays tiled together. Such a setup was hardly ideal, and the new scaler technology built into the AOC panel is a marked improvement - hook it up via DisplayPort and it's instantly recognised as a single 3,840x2,160 panel with a 60Hz refresh rate.

DisplayPort 1.2, then, is the connection of choice, however HDMI 1.4 (with MHL compliance), DVI and VGA inputs are also provided, though do be aware that using either HDMI or DVI limits refresh to 30Hz. A 3.5mm audio jack is provided for the integrated 3W stereo speakers and there's also an integrated four-port USB hub, with two connections offering SuperSpeed 3.0 capability."

http://hexus.net/tech/previews/monitors/70233-first-look-aoc-u2868pqu-4k-monitor/

It's a great screen. Buttery smooth 60hz 4k gaming :)

Associate
I did not know display port carried audio. Was a nice surprise and rendered the green phono cable superfluous. Less cables is nicer. I have no less than 8 mains power cables for my set up including router, bt open reach, external wifi extender, effergy electricity monitor etc.

Associate
GTX 980 I purchased a couple of weeks ago wouldn't wake this monitor when the PC was coming out of sleep mode. EVGA sent me a new bios for the 980 which seems to have fixed the problem.

Associate
anybody suffer any bleed in any of the corners ? rain forest are replacing the screen once they have more stock and i can use the screen until then . thats good of them .

WHAT A SCREEN TOUGH .4K is just SUPERLUSH ..sitting further back using Xbox one controller playing Crysis 3 is just mind blowing ..but even with 3 way sli 980s and 5960x it still cripples it but getting 60fps with AA turned off .(cards not overcloked) .

Associate
I see other stockists having issues supplying these but OCUK have stock in now - and they've whacked the price up to take advantage of this. Nice one OCUK - confirms why I stopped shopping here...

Associate
I've been eyeing this monitor for a while now, due to it's size & price.

Couple of questions for the owners if you could answer them please!

1. What's this like for gaming? especially the response time

2. To get 4k 60hz you have to use a displayport? so with HDMI is it limited to 30hz and for 1080p 60hz is it HDMI too?

3. I'm looking to get a 290x, I know it can handle some games at 4k and most games 1440p and obviously everything at 1080. So what is gaming like when the resolution is @ 1080p/1440p for gaming, does this monitor scale well at those resolutions? (this is the most important factor for me)

Cheers

Associate
anybody suffer any bleed in any of the corners ? rain forest are replacing the screen once they have more stock and i can use the screen until then . thats good of them .

is it not the case you are sitting close to a VA panel so the colours shift due to it not having as good a viewing angle as an IPS screen, I do notice that on mine but if i go back a bit it is fine.

Associate
It scales to 1080P or 1440P fine, but just like any other monitor, it's never going to look as good as running at native res.

I much prefer to run at 4k res and turn down other graphics options rather than lower the res.

Associate
is it not the case you are sitting close to a VA panel so the colours shift due to it not having as good a viewing angle as an IPS screen, I do notice that on mine but if i go back a bit it is fine.

mine is actually getting worse and when I watch a film with black bars it looks like a flash light is shinny through the top of the screen and bad in bottom left ..It's also off putting with pure black images ..as it's very blotchy and cloudy . I'm now just thinking of getting refund then getting a 40in 4K tv and then replace my 1440p asus ips Monitor for a 144hz gaming monitor but want at least 32in for gaming at 1440p 144hz gsync .

Back
Top Bottom