BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
I'm looking to buy an X3 20d with approx 30k miles on the clock and will likely drive it up to 6k miles p.a. If doing only short journeys (car will never be above 40mph) do I need to worry about the diesel particulate filter (DPF) blocking/sooting up and failing or would this only be relevant once I get to a high mileage, say 75k miles?

It sounds about the worst possible usage for a diesel with a DPF.

Soldato
I remember the first time I saw an X6. Good few years ago when car wrapping was all the rage. It was matte black with a huge bodykit. I initially thought "Holy carp theres batman!" It genuinely looked amazeballs!
Since then I increasingly found them annoying as they are far too big for what they offer, and if you had the money, are there not better cars in this price range? I suppose each to there own. Reminds me of the top gear episode on them. What was Clarkson's line?
Made for a world that doesn't exist anymore?
Something like that!

Last edited:
Associate
my brother traded in his audi q7 for an x6 around a year and half ago , it had been styled by revere which isnt to my liking but he likes it ...but defiantly doesn't like it has much has is audi q7 he had.

20140530_111843.jpg

I do like the new shape x5 though , really nice! :cool:

Soldato
I'd like to know how people develop ghastly tastes. Like, is it part of their upbringing or is it some other type of psychological thing. Would be pretty interesting IMO.

Soldato
Not a huge fan of the X6. They look good in some angles, but not so great in others. Unfortunately most of the ones I see are utter poop. There's one in particular that I've seen around my area on a few occasions which is white, with green stripes running along it and lime green accents, and the Hugo Boss logo emblazened down the sides at the bottoms of the doors.

It also has the word Boss spelt out in the Range Rover type badges across the bonnet, and one on the back.

Utter turd. Will try and get a pic next time I spot it. It's either that, or rudeboys who buy them but can't afford to stick a good aftermarket alloy wheel on and so roll around on comically small alloys.

Associate
[TW]Fox;27826730 said:
Get an X5, the new model came out earlier so you'll find it easier to get a nice one. It's also more practical and better than the X6 at everything other than looking badass at the local gym.

We had an x5 40d before the m3. I find they are just boring to look at. Nice big car though. Although they have re styled the x5 so it looks better than the 13 plate one we had.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
I'll admit to quite liking the X6, however at no point would I ever be able to hand over the cash sign the finance papers with a huge balloon to buy lease one.

Soldato
When starting my car in the morning, and setting off it kind of judders (doesn't happen every time), even with the accelerator pressed more down to get it going, any ideas? Obviously quite dangerous when I pull out of the junction at my road first thing.

It's a BMW F20 1 series, i've got a service due in 800 miles, but might take it in early.

Last edited:
Soldato
When starting my car in the morning, and setting off it kind of judders (doesn't happen every time), even with the accelerator pressed more down to get it going, any ideas? Obviously quite dangerous when I pull out of the junction at my road first thing.

It's a BMW F20 1 series, i've got a service due in 800 miles, but might take it in early.

Fuel pump?

Soldato
It certainly doesn't sound like a clutch issue - it sounds like something is causing the fuel/air mix to be off before it warms up and the ecu starts thinking

Back
Top Bottom