Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't follow politics much but from what I have heard and seen UKIP have no chance of getting my vote as they come across as an amateur BNP party who gets caught out too much to be trusted. Liberal Democrats seem to not really do a lot as they are quite simply liberal so anything seems to go and they need to have more of a character leading them with more toughness about them to actually believe they are going to do good. Labour, after watching the TV debate thingy have no chance! How a guy like Milliband can lead anything is worrying. I'm sorry but he came across as clueless and bit of a blithering idiot. I'm open minded and I'm not a fan of the conservatives but Cameron seems like a genuinely nice guy with the right family values for me. I don't fully like the way the party wants to do things but the conservatives have history of getting Britain out of the mess that Labour gets it into whether you like it or not..... I'm considering starting my own political party because there is just too many people in politics who I just don't like! lol

Soldato
Perhaps polticical parties should check the celeb’s past before lining up their endorsements

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-freeman-appears-in-labour-election-broadcast

Think Hobbit-star, and all-round good egg Martin Freeman makes some good points in this Labour party broadcast.

Back in 2013 it was widely reported that Freeman allowed his long-term partner and fellow luvvie Amanda Abbington to go bankrupt after she was whacked with a £120,000 tax bill. At the time the Mirror described the arrangement under the headline “Morally Bankrupt” as:

“an absolute disgrace… Amanda has been with Martin for 10 years and they have two kids – even if she really is skint why on earth can’t he chip in and help out with the bill?.. because she and her multi-millionaire partner can afford a fancy accountant, she doesn’t have to either, because he’s found her a way out of it”

Last edited:
Caporegime
Back in 2013 it was widely reported that Freeman allowed his long-term partner and fellow luvvie Amanda Abbington to go bankrupt after she was whacked with a £120,000 tax bill. At the time the Mirror described the arrangement under the headline “Morally Bankrupt” as:

“an absolute disgrace… Amanda has been with Martin for 10 years and they have two kids – even if she really is skint why on earth can’t he chip in and help out with the bill?.. because she and her multi-millionaire partner can afford a fancy accountant, she doesn’t have to either, because he’s found her a way out of it”

LOL apparently they're still together so presumably she didn't find the arrangement "morally bankrupt". Have we really stooped so low that we're resorting to tabloid celeb gossip columns to make political arguments - it's probably not even true or from a hacked phone.

Soldato

She paid the tax off in 2014....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/466665/Amanda-Abbington-pays-off-tax-debts

Furthermore the notion that declaring bankruptcy automatically writes off all your debt is bunkum.

Caporegime
There's always a swing to the Conservatives on polling day. People grumble and complain to the pollsters and say they're fed up with the government, but come election day they vote for what they know. Especially pensioners, and they love David Cameron.

It may be that the Tories do get a swing back, but that's taken into account by prediction models like Elections Etc. and not one of them predicts a Tory majority. They may stand a decent chance of being the largest party but a majority? No, it ain't going to happen unless something stunning happens in the next few weeks.

I heard a new poll released today (to the Daily Mail) gives the Tories a 4 point lead.

The polls are happily swinging back and forth, without a consistent picture the most parsimonious interpretation is that the Tories and Labour are about neck and neck and all the leads to either are simply the normal sampling error.

Soldato
I think the Lib Dems are being a little unfairly vilified, yes they have made mistakes and U-turns.

Yes, and Nick Clegg has sold out on promises he made before the General Election.

But, the coalition has held out, giving us political stability. The last thing we needed at any point over the last 5 years was instability as it would have hurt the recovery.

That's why the next government will (hopefully) be a proper coalition again, a minority government won't work and will probably collapse in a few months.

Soldato
I see Labour have recruited a tax avoiding Hobbit for their campaign...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHNVtsAD2M

Did Labour know about their star celeb’s past before they lined up his endorsement today?

Caporegime
It may be that the Tories do get a swing back, but that's taken into account by prediction models like Elections Etc. and not one of them predicts a Tory majority. They may stand a decent chance of being the largest party but a majority? No, it ain't going to happen unless something stunning happens in the next few weeks.

The polls are happily swinging back and forth, without a consistent picture the most parsimonious interpretation is that the Tories and Labour are about neck and neck and all the leads to either are simply the normal sampling error.

Well we'll just wait and see. If the polls were the be all and end all then we wouldn't need to vote at all ;)

Caporegime
Yes, and Nick Clegg has sold out on promises he made before the General Election.

So did Cameron - greenest government ever? won't raise VAT? Big Society? Though I agree the tuititon fees issue for Clegg was a massive mistake - he should have pushed the Tories harder on cutting pensioner benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom