Rita Ora banned from wearing revealing outfits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
...usual pedantry and split hairs over the way something was phrased [with original point lost as usual)....

Can't be bothered with these endless semantic arguments you turn every debate into, so pat yourself on the back. You 'win', I edited my post to Ivan...

How many Oscar nominations do you have Ivan [associated with work you have done]?

Just curious....

Happy now?

Caporegime
I expect the people who don't know who she is have been too busy over the last couple of years looting & raiding in WoW/playing War Hammer than to pay attention to popular culture.

Caporegime
It wouldn't be GD without a thread turning into a nit-picking, pedantic argument with little relevance to the actual thread.

Same old faces, one thread get's locked move onto the next. Get no takers move to another forum section.

In the words of Quagmire "But you know what? I could forgive all of that, all of it, if you weren't such a bore!"

Permabanned
Can't be bothered with these endless semantic arguments you turn every debate into, so pat yourself on the back. You 'win', I edited my post to Ivan...

Happy now?

Rita Ora doesn't have any Oscar nominations either, so what's that got to with anything.

It's not even semantic. You were just plain wrong, that's all. Admit it, Get over it and Move on.

Man of Honour
Who?? Some pop idol Muppet I suspect?

Really don't give a rats hairy sack.

This

More utter garbage for the moronic masses.

Famous? Is she really? Hmmm.

Yet another talentless wannabe more well known for flashing her bits than anything else.

She's obviously fit and attractive no matter what your taste is but to me she's trashily dressed and made up.

She's not my cup of tea at all.

Well she's not famous with me :p had never heard of her before reading this thread.

But it seems these days anyone can be made famous by forcing them down the throats of the masses on some garbage reality show.

You are certainly doing a lot of not caring

Permabanned
You're are being obtuse now, or you can't read.

She has an Oscar nomination associated with her work, Ivan doesn't.

She doesn't have an Oscar Nomination. That is it, nothing more or nothing less. The song belongs to the Songwriter, Diane Warren, it is her work. Rita Ora sang it...she did not receive a nomination for singing it.

You were wrong, just admit it and stop trying to wriggle out of it, rewording it and generally making yourself look foolish. Just say.."yeah, I was wrong she doesn't have an Oscar nomination" and move along..look at pictures of Demi Rose or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
She doesn't have an Oscar Nomination. That is it, nothing more or nothing less. The song belongs to the Songwriter, Diane Warren, it is her work. Rita Ora sang it...she did not receive a nomination for singing it.

Again, by your logic Elvis Presley hasn't had any hit singles because he didn't write them himself. :rolleyes:

Ora sang an Oscar nominated song, she has an Oscar nomination associated with her work which is what my post now says.

You were wrong, just admit it and stop trying to wriggle out of it, rewording it and generally making yourself look foolish. Just say.."yeah, I was wrong she doesn't have an Oscar nomination" and move along..look at pictures of Demi Rose or something.

I wasn't wrong, I knew she didn't write the song (because she doesn't write her pop hits either), I just didn't think anyone would see a huge difference between using the phrase 'was nominated for an Oscar' and 'was a large part of something that was nominated for an Oscar'. My only mistake was forgetting you were in thread and what a pedagogue you are.

This is why you are so awful at debating, you look for the weakness in the phraseology and totally disregard the point being made, the thread then goes on for a two page discussion about how something was said (rather than what was said) and the original point is forgotten (although I suspect this is your intention. After all, why address someone's point when you can attack the way they made it?).

Whether Ora was personally nominated for the Oscar or whether she sang an Oscar nominated song doesn't detract from the fact she's a very successful young woman and probably achieved more in the last few years than Ivan will in his entire life.

Permabanned
Again, by your logic Elvis Presley hasn't had any hit singles because he didn't write them himself. :rolleyes:

How so...no-one said that Rita Ora didn't have hit singles, including the one mentioned (if it was actually a hit)..it doesn't mean he won Oscars for them though, or that not winning awards doesn't mean you do not have hit records.

Songwriters win awards when the singers don't...like composers win awards and the people who play them don't. Likewise, sometimes the Singers win awards where the composers/songwriters don't.

Simple fact is that she did not get nominated for an Oscar. no amount of arguing or trying to invent positions that don't exist will change that.

You were wrong...accept it. you are just making a fool of yourself.

Ora sang an Oscar nominated song, she has an Oscar nomination associated with her work which is what my post now says.

She sang a nominated song written by an Oscar nominated Songwriter. Did she actually win the Oscar, was she named in the nomination at all as being associated to it?

I wasn't wrong (followed by more foolishness)

Yes you clearly were.

You said she was Oscar nominated. She wasn't. It really is that simple. reword it, rewrite it, try to justify it all you like with convoluted arguments (unlike you, I am discussing what you actually said, not how iot was said..ironically so given one of your many excuses)...the simple truth is that when you implied that she had more nominations than Ivandobskey... you were wrong. Just admit that and stop going on about whatever nonsense excuses you can invent...

How you can judge the relative success of Rita Ora to Ivan is a be presumptuous as well, given that you have no idea who he is, what he has or will accomplish in his life, or indeed how he values what he does and how he lives his life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom