Is this the biggest fudge ever?

Soldato
I meant the name change bit. Would have thought they'd keep the name the same.

Unless this is a precursor to 'Clarkson, Hammond and May Show' coming soon to BBC 2 :D.

Man of Honour
It proves one thing at least...Clarkson was not sacked.

It didn't need 'proving', Clarkson was not an employee of the BBC, he was a third party who held two contracts - one with the BBC for the TV show and one with BBC Worldwide for the live events.

They didn't renew his contract for the former and the contract for the latter has 6 months to run.

You don't sack somebody who isn't your employee.

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;27853755 said:
It didn't need 'proving', Clarkson was not an employee of the BBC, he was a third party who held two contracts - one with the BBC for the TV show and one with BBC Worldwide for the live events.

They didn't renew his contract for the former and the contract for the latter has 6 months to run.

You don't need to lecture me on things I already know. :)

It is a fudge by the Beeb though. They say they cannot renew his contract or allow him to finish filming the portions of the remaining episodes (as per his contract) because of his behaviour...yet he can continue the live shows, they simply rebranded them.

Caporegime
Why would they even do that :confused:.

I'd guess because they have the same strange irrational way of looking at profit/loss, risk etc.. as lots of other people

if they cancel the live shows they'll have to pay back 10 million or so to the ticket holders etc..

seemingly this loss is something they want to mitigate, yet the remaining TV shows and any future series (which represent hundreds of millions) they can somehow afford to take a hit on... perhaps because the money for the live shows has already been handed over they feel differently about it in some irrational way or other

[TW]Fox;27853755 said:

the contract for the TV show still had a couple of shows left to run yet they were happy to pull the plug on those

Caporegime
the contract for the TV show still had a couple of shows left to run yet they were happy to pull the plug on those

Because by pulling the shows they don't breach any other contracts (such as for venues) for the live shows.

Not to mention Hammond & May wouldn't record without Clarkson so they had no shows to air anyway.

Soldato
..including the not so "sacked" Jeremy Clarkson...the only thing to have happened is a re-branding.

[TW]Fox;27853755 said:

You don't need to lecture me on things I already know. :)

Does best impression of Castiel...

You implied he'd been sacked. He wasn't, you are wrong so stop making a fool of yourself.

Even though 'sacked' is common parlance in the entertainment world for not having your contract renewed and everyone, including me, understood the sentiment of your post, technically he wasn't sacked. You implied he was, so you are wrong.

Did I mention you're technically wrong?

It is a fudge by the Beeb though. They say they cannot renew his contract or allow him to finish filming the portions of the remaining episodes (as per his contract) because of his behaviour...yet he can continue the live shows, they simply rebranded them.

No, no, no. Let's not worry about the point you were making and how that isn't affected by whether he was sacked or not, let's start a two page debate how you implied he had been sacked when he wasn't.

...annoying isn't it? :D

Permabanned
OP
Because by pulling the shows they don't breach any other contracts (such as for venues) for the live shows.

Not to mention Hammond & May wouldn't record without Clarkson so they had no shows to air anyway.

Yes they have. There are several hundred rights holders whose contracts have been breached if those shows are not forthcoming.

Permabanned
OP
Does best impression of Castiel...

You implied he'd been sacked. He wasn't, you are wrong so stop making a fool of yourself.

I said it proved he had not been sacked based on the media and other debates where the implication was he has been sacked. This simply proves that the contracts are still valid and running until they expire.

Even though 'sacked' is common parlance in the entertainment world for not having your contract renewed and everyone, including me, understood the sentiment of your post, technically he wasn't sacked. You implied he was, so you are wrong.

I said it proived he was not sacked...not that there was any implication he was. of course if you wish to read my post in such a way, go ahead.

Did I mention you're technically wrong?

Why, was he sacked?

No, no, no. Let's not worry about the point you were making and how that isn't affected by whether he was sacked or not, let's start a two page debate how you implied he had been sacked when he wasn't.

:D

If you want to debate whether he was sacked or not, go ahead. I'm sure others might debate it with you or not, as the case may be.

Although if you are attempting to be clever simply because you are butthurt over being wrong in aniother thread, then perhaps you might want to reconsider, as it may well be considered as breaching the rules of the forum..i'm not sure..but if you think you have a valid point on Jeremy being sacked rather than not, make your case...someone might entertain you.

...annoying isn't it? :D

No, actually watching you make a fool of yourself is rather amusing.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Depends if it's sold on before or after series completion, if this series hadn't been sold onwards yet, then no issues.

They are, in some countries shown concurrently or as close as can be to the original airing. I think this show had it's premier simultaneously across the globe.

Grow a sense of humour mate

I have no need to grow what I already have...like I said you amuse me.

Back
Top Bottom