Left Hander Alert!

Associate
OP
So went down the route of the EVGA Torq Carbon. Awesome, solid piece of kit. Works beautifully for a lefty like me, being a proper ambidextrous mouse.

Feels good in the hand, nice and solid - have added maximum weights from the supplied additional weight elements to make it feel weighty and solid. Mouse buttons are great feeling, the side buttons are good but feel like they could be more direct, a little too much travel, but you don't notice this after some use.

Scroll wheel is amazing - solid, precise, and grippy, feels like it's off a fighter jet or something. DPI/precision control is also really useful.

Great mouse :)

Soldato
My Dad got me one of these from a boot-fair a couple of years ago (never been used, still in a sealed box) and it's been brilliant for me. Can't recommend it enough! Would be nice to have a wired version, but I really can't complain.

There is currently one for sale on the bay, however they want $300 for it!

Real shame Logitech don't make these or anything similar anymore. I do have 5 of these however i've managed to collect, should keep me going a while!

Soldato
I'm left handed as still game with the keys for a right hander. WASD, SHIFT, CTRL etc etc. I push the space bar with my little finger.

As far as mice goes I use a Steelseries Sensei Pro as it is truly ambidextrous.

That's exactly how I am, I use logitech mice almost exclusively over the last 10 years and never regretted it at all, from my MX510 to my G500.

Associate
OP
Being the lefty that I am, I use WASD in my right hand also. Somehow feels better suited to be used in right hand, no? Ctrl, Alt, Shift, etc feels much better used by thumb. Would love a right hand use keypad however.

Associate
i do the same as i got sick and tired of changing buttons from the right handed default and would love a right hand use keypad like a orbweaver but for the other hand

Associate
I've had both of those mice - both excellent to use but neither lasted for long before the hardware became unreliable (and in the case of the death adder it failed completely just outside the warranty period). I used a Razer taipan in between and it too failed just outside the warranty period.

I'm using a steelseries sensei pro at the moment and so far it's been excellent. As much as I like the fact that Razer make left handed mice, I'm afraid three failed mice is enough to convince me that the quality just isn't good enough (especially at the price they're at)

Associate
i have the left handed deathadder it's lasted me a couple of years now i think BUT i am now getting annoying double click issues where i click once and it presses twice. It's a shame because i like the mouse and it fits my hand perfectly

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback on those Razor mice I did look at these as an alternative to the MX 610 left. I'm a software developer my hardware gets double the normal usage of most people, from what you say those Razor mice won't last long for me.

Associate
all lefties please write to razer asking them for an orbweaver for the alternative hand :D enough of us beg and they might think it profitable!

Associate
Be sure to ask them to make it better quality than their previous efforts :) I feel bad criticising them because there are literally no other companies catering for us, but when you're paying that much of a premium...

Back
Top Bottom