Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
Getting really patchy now, supposed to be 80/20.

4250551950.png

Will call them when I'm off on Tuesday to see what the hells going on.

Permabanned
my speeds have dropped also, but that maybe because I had Openreach replace the drop cable yesterday so I will give it a few more days for the line to stabalize

Soldato
TBH cant see it working, however cancel the install and quickly order it again ? you might even get lucky with the same slot being available.

Cancel your order and reapply via quidco, that's what I did. it will obviously delay your set up, but it's a nice discount.

I was lucky in that the open reach inhalation was messed up for some reason, so I cancelled, and then reapplied.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe they are seeing over subscription in built up areas, luckily I consistently get over 70mb DL/16m UL

wonder if some businesses are using them, as a home user, after the first few months I either run out of storage space or run out of things I want to download.

Now I hardly use the potential of my connection at all.

Soldato
If congestion means dropping from 70meg to 30 meg, I dare say I'll never even notice it

EDIT I'm in Yorkshire, not sure why the time is displayed as AM PDT

4258186764.png

Last edited:
Soldato
This is a bit wierd. Connected up with 40Mbit fibre package about 2 weeks and have noticed my speeds are too fast.

Was definitely around the 37-40Mbit mark when first installed.

Downloading off Steam at 7-8MB/s. Strange.

Maybe I will hack my modem tomorrow and pull sync rate and things off it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I will need to call them tomorrow, after having Openreach replace the drop cable my speeds still haven't gone back up. I'm getting 45Mb download and I used to get 75Mb before.

If they cannot resolve it can I downgrade my package as I am not paying for a higher priced speeds I'm not receiving?

AzZ

AzZ

Associate
After reading some of these posts I decided to check my connection. My dl and ul have dropped and ping is up by double (13ms to 26ms). I swapped back to my Huawei modem from the ECI and the dl speed increased a bit but is still lower to what I previously got.

Checking the modem stats my dl and ul syncs have dropped further. It's frustrating as the cabinet is less than 100m away.

4277954143.png

Used get 73mb consistently. Given up with upload. Used to get 18mb when I first got Plusnet and it has steadily dropped down to ~9mb.

Permabanned
Well openreach paid a visit yesterday and they checked the line with their gizmo after doing a reset at the exchange it showed 72mb download and 20up. I am not getting that even with a laptop connected directly to the router using bt speed test and speedtest.net.

I have no idea what to do, I may aswell downgrade my package to 45Mb as that is the max I am getting atm.

I have a Huawei modem and AC66U router.

Any ideas?

Associate
@majnu Check what Plusnet are reading your line speed as in Connection Settings > High Speed Broadband (or words to that effect) in your account management. It could be their QoS system hasn't caught up with the line speed.

Also use the BT Speedtester on a wired connection:

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Click further diagnostics and it will report the BT line profile speed. (this is only selectable after the test)

If the speed plusnet have in your account settings is much lower than the BT profile, drop them a message on the forum and they'll sort this for you pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Permabanned
@majnu Check what Plusnet are reading your line speed as in Connection Settings > High Speed Broadband (or words to that effect) in your account management. It could be their QoS system hasn't caught up with the line speed.

Also use the BT Speedtester on a wired connection:

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Click further diagnostics and it will report the BT line profile speed. (this is only selectable after the test)

If the speed plusnet have in your account settings is much lower than the BT profile, drop them a message on the forum and they'll sort this for you pretty quickly.

Thanks for that.
Plusnet shows that I am getting 69Mb download yet that BT wholesale test that I ran get 46Mb.

I'm going to let my router stay syncd for 5 days and see if it improves, if not I'll go through forum support.

Back
Top Bottom