Airbus A320 Crashes in Alps

Soldato
From what I read, officials discovered it but only released the details to newspapers etc.

Apparently it is hard to see as there are so many people moving around, lots of screaming, "oh my gods" in various languages, and then it ends with a metallic sound

:( horrible! I cant even begin to imagine the fear these people must have felt. Thoughts are with their families!
Sounds like someone has already watched it.

Anyway, the mag and newspaper are handing the media over, and this article mentions pretty much what you say...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...cabin-chaos-in-seconds-before-Alps-crash.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Thats just the outer packing, the data is kept on memory chips similar to a MicroSD card so it's incredibly small and the large size of the box means that the very small chips inside are extremely well protected to impact & heat etc.

Soldato
Not exactly good topic for conversation I know, but at least the bits would be so tiny you wouldn't even know what they were, surely? Would probably be easier than pulling some mangled body from a car wreck - at least you could disconnect yourself from the horror when it's not recognizable. Still, the scale of the loss.....can't imagine it :(

Depends on the degree of disentegration I believe. I remember on National Geographic they used to have an air crash investigation programme series once mentioning all sorts of parts a torso lying in a tree, someone poked it with a stick trying to get it down and the innards all spilled out down onto this person, who promptly threw up, and even a brain sitting on a rock perfectly intact until without knowing it a journo rushing to get a better photo stepped on it... always sticks in my mind.

Man of Honour
It is impressive that the black box data survived when you consider the impact involved. I would rather not think about the remnants of the people involved, but you wouldn't expect there to be much left with this one. Can't even imagine it tbh.

Associate
Depends on the degree of disentegration I believe. I remember on National Geographic they used to have an air crash investigation programme series once mentioning all sorts of parts a torso lying in a tree, someone poked it with a stick trying to get it down and the innards all spilled out down onto this person, who promptly threw up, and even a brain sitting on a rock perfectly intact until without knowing it a journo rushing to get a better photo stepped on it... always sticks in my mind.

Japan Airlines flight 123 I believe, gruesome.

Soldato
put my life in the hands of two humans? nope! could'nt pay me a billion pounds to fly on a civilian plane. there's no safety if a wing falls off. yeah it's unlikely to happen but if it does, everyone dies. and pretty much once a year it happens, somewhere.

Caporegime
put my life in the hands of two humans? nope! could'nt pay me a billion pounds to fly on a civilian plane. there's no safety if a wing falls off. yeah it's unlikely to happen but if it does, everyone dies. and pretty much once a year it happens, somewhere.

That logic makes little sense. Drive on the motorway? You put your life in hundreds of peoples hands and hope they don't decide to kill you, far more people die on the roads each year. Have an operation? Take a medication? Etc.

Back
Top Bottom