• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
The only sell 16gb to try and get you too upsale to their 64gb model anyways. I think Apple themselves know a 16gb premium phone sucks.

Sell me yours my man! I know you hate them.

PS - Don't let stupid people at work open unknown attachments and then try and backup over the only working backup............. when you have crypto something! It's going to be a busy week!

Soldato
I am tempted to jump to an iPhone (sim free). Where is a good place to buy one? I see you can get ones from the EU (64gb) for £520 or so, which is a decent saving versus UK prices.
I'd honestly just spend the extra money and purchase from the Apple Store. You can guarantee yourself no issues with compatibility etc. that way. In my experience a lot of sellers advertise a model number for the unlocked model down. Only after some chasing (often followed by a lack of replies) does it transpire that it's a locked device with a different number.

Soldato
I usually buy them outright and then go SIM only but by my maths Vodafone is currently doing a deal for £39.50 a month and £29.99 upfront for the 64gb model which works out cheaper considering the included package.

Look on uswitch.com. You can find lots of similar deals. I just ordered one on EE, £150 deposit, £33p/m for 24 months. 64GB model. 4GB 4G Extra.

Works out about £14 p/m for the data plan if you deduct the cost of the phone.

Last edited:
Associate
which iph6 one should I order if money is no object? (employer pays the bill)
my issue is I never had a phone on my own contract, always used the previous employers (iph5 on vodafone which I absolutely HATED as a service- rubbish!)

i tested three and EE sim, and cannot decide. looks like only 3 have unlimited data, but also not sure how much i will use (i use youtube, navigating on the train and spottily a lot) and also sometimes use the phone as a hot spot for the laptop

looked at both sizes, i think the plus is too big for me!

so ..the question would be: 64 or 128gb..how quickly is yours filling up? and 3 or EE? ...or O2 maybe???
i live SE london and work withing M25

Associate
Received my brand new iPhone 6 64GB for £510 and it's really nice, fits better in the hand than my iPhone 4. The plus would have been too big for me.

I quickly adjusted to where the power button is, but kept forgetting I had touchID set to unlock phone :D

Associate
I just got my 16Gb 6 plus from ebay for £429.99. It was in as new condition and fully boxed. Accessories had not even been touched.

Not even tried the Plus yet, even though I can imagine enjoying the screen/screen space more but I can't imagine using anything bigger than the 6 right now. Maybe I will for the 6s or 7, guess it's just slowly adapting to holding a larger phone and not being worried about dropping it.

Associate
Well I've just bought a 64gb 6 plus. I hope it's not too big

I thought that to start with, I always had iPhones in the past, then switched to a Samsung S5 which I hated with a passion, then went back and just ordered a iPhone 64gb 6 plus, day before it arrived I was in a phone shop and I thought it was huge...

When I received the phone I was so happy with the choice, the size is perfect.

Associate
I thought that to start with, I always had iPhones in the past, then switched to a Samsung S5 which I hated with a passion, then went back and just ordered a iPhone 64gb 6 plus, day before it arrived I was in a phone shop and I thought it was huge...

When I received the phone I was so happy with the choice, the size is perfect.

I think it's gonna take a little while, but I've had an iPhone 5 for a while and ive been thinking a larger screen would be nicer.

Associate
Not sure if it's an optical illusion, but is the iPhone 6 naturally warmer than, say, the iPhone 4? As that had a cool temperature look to it whereas the 6 is warm.

It's like there's a very slight yellow tint when I look at white and I only notice it in a lowly lit room whereas during the day it's not too bad. It's kind of annoying me though..

Is it worth going to an Apple Store and asking for a replacement, but asking to compare it first with the replacement phone? I don't want one that's worse off.

Man of Honour
Not sure if it's an optical illusion, but is the iPhone 6 naturally warmer than, say, the iPhone 4? As that had a cool temperature look to it whereas the 6 is warm.

It's like there's a very slight yellow tint when I look at white and I only notice it in a lowly lit room whereas during the day it's not too bad. It's kind of annoying me though..

Is it worth going to an Apple Store and asking for a replacement, but asking to compare it first with the replacement phone? I don't want one that's worse off.

In my experience, from the iPhone 4 to now, all screens vary a bit.

Associate
In my experience, from the iPhone 4 to now, all screens vary a bit.

So is that tone natural for the latest iphones? It's not full on yellow, but there's probably a 15-20% glow of warmth/yellow to the white when in lowly lit light but it looks fine during the day. I'm having to turn off the white point thing in the accessibility options to reduce it, but it is on my mind. May just go to the apple store and ask if I can compare with a refurb and maybe replace.

Back
Top Bottom