Night out in Nottingham - where to go ?

Soldato
One of the best nights out in the UK... if you're not a bore.

This.

Have to laugh at people who think Nottingham is more dangerous than any of the other large cities in the UK. Also, a bigger laugh at those who believe you should walk around rough neighbourhoods on a night out rather than going to the places with ermm, actual night life... Priceless stupidity.

Lived there for two years and have a few friends who still do, I never look forward to a night out less than I do in nottingham city centre it is nasty.

Lived here for 39 years and always have a great time in Notts. There are so many places to go where there's never (in my experience) and trouble. It's saddening that in two years of living there you couldn't find any.

Out of interest where did you live?

Last edited:
Associate
also a shout out for the barrel drop, tiny place that serves proper ale in pint mugs. if you like ale, some other suggestions:
the crafty crow
the ned ludd
the old trip
the salutation
the bell (a bit meh)
there's another one up angel row just up from tescos that i can't remember the name of that's pretty good.

oh an a shout out for Five Guys for a burger - worth a visit.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
+1 for The Barrel Drop.

Went for the first time the other week, really nice place and some solid ales!

there's another one up angel row just up from tescos that i can't remember the name of that's pretty good.

The Dragon? Another half decent place!

Last edited:
Don
It's actually full of women. :p Though it's likely a myth,

if you go back to when I was of clubbing age there was a slight truth in it

The reason being is that by far the biggest occupations were mining for men and textile factories for women

men worked 24x7 shift patterns where women did 4.5 days finishing Friday lunchtime so all women could go out at weekemds but only some men

Caporegime
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Geeks...ingham-women/story-25996421-detail/story.html

Geek is chic, according to new research that suggests most Nottingham women are attracted to tech-savvy men.

In a new survey, 56 per cent of women in the city like a man who knows his way around his computer while only 46 per cent go for a bloke who tinkers underneath his car bonnet.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Geeks...tory-25996421-detail/story.html#ixzz3WGjiDJwc
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

Good luck op

Soldato
This.

Have to laugh at people who think Nottingham is more dangerous than any of the other large cities in the UK. Also, a bigger laugh at those who believe you should walk around rough neighbourhoods on a night out rather than going to the places with ermm, actual night life... Priceless stupidity.

Lived here for 39 years and always have a great time in Notts. There are so many places to go where there's never (in my experience) and trouble. It's saddening that in two years of living there you couldn't find any.

Out of interest where did you live?

There as you say plenty of nice places to go out i didn't spend two years inside my house or drinking in working mans clubs in rough estates and up until the last year or so still regularly went out with friends who still live there. it's just the roughest city I've lived in or been out in and I'm just reddening to the city centre. The idea of going drinking in the meadows etc is as others have suggested laughable as you simply wouldn't!

Back
Top Bottom