What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Mini looking a bit sad in the garage. Problem with the engine idle...it seems to idle at between 2-3k rpm when stationary but okay once you drive off. Any ideas? :(

7EC7F994-93EF-4C7B-9479-CB5D90134431.jpg

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Sold my Xsara VTS.

Went to view this with the intention on buying it but it had the dreaded bulkhead rot so decided not to buy it as I wanted it perfect for that price.

Now desperately trying to find another car to buy or it looks like I'm commuting in my 205 GTI next week!

Caporegime
Booked the Mini in today to get some long overdue work done. We got it for a bit of a steal as we knew it needed some bits and bobs done but after a bit of digging it turned out that the poor thing was owned by someone who had zero idea about how to look after cars or couldn't afford anything.

It's getting new front top mounts, wishbone bushes, disks and pads, clutch, aux belt and tensioner.

Could probably replace it for the cash I'm spending on it but better the devil you know and all that.

Soldato
Went to jump start the punto that's been sat on my drive since 2012.. Didn't start.
Put the jump leads away came back in the house and sat down again.
That about sums up my entire weekends efforts so far. :D

Soldato
Does it have any sort of icv? Tried giving it a good clean with carb cleaner?

It will have an idle air screw on the carb, no ICV though unless it's a more modern engine under there I can't see.

Ha, typical.... Blackhawk updates the dam thread at the same time..

Ignore my post then, it probably has an air leak of some sort then.

Last edited:
Associate
Did a full timing belt, water pump, tensioners etc change on my A4. Was aiming to do rest of full service today (Sunday).

Started it and drove it up and down the road to clear the ESP errors...

And then the rear coil spring broke... Wanted the car for London Monday!

Soldato
Do you drive in a lot of fog or is it a status thing?

I can thing of 1 occasion that I used my front fog lights in the past 5 years.

Apparently yellow light is meant to work better in fog, because of the wavelength of the light.

Personally, I just think they look cool. Like lots of Euro or Jap cars :cool:. But because it's bulbs, they're only yellow when illuminated, and not always yellow like using a coloured lens or Lamin-x.

But yeah, the fog lights don't get used much anyways :). Although Renault in their infinite wisdom designed the stalk so that you can't have the rears on only - it's either front only or front + rear.

Back
Top Bottom