Things/Clubs After Work in Bristol/Bath

Soldato
Hi,

Ideally I'd like to take up most of the time as possible (so I have all weekend and weekdays after work in Bath). I'd like to do as much as possible but have no idea where to start, I don't mind groups / etc. I used to play 5-aside many moons ago (I'm late 30's).

Any ideas? Websites? etc.

Many thanks,

M.

Soldato
I'd say Meetup... or do as I done this year

1 - Bought a Piano (takes up 1 day a week + practice)
2- Started diving with BSAC (about £200 all in trained to 20m - PADI will be expensive)

From personal experience avoid sites like citysocial :D

Soldato
There are some great climbing/ bouldering centres in Bristol.

was about to say this. having recently got very keen on it. ive only been to two in bristol. one is bloc which is just bouldering and there is red point which is much more lead ropping ( the tall stuff ) and less bouldering. personally i prefer bloc. its really good fun and great exercise.

Soldato
Excellent Kung Fu school on Wednesday nights at Hayesfield School Bath. A friend teaches there and I go to the sister school in Midsomer Norton on a Tuesday night.

Soldato
OP
Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for a meet up and get climbing!

I was going to try some golf but it doesn't seem as sociable as your suggestions.

M.

Soldato
try the climbing academy (Tca) in bristol. It's bouldering only so only shoes needed (can be rented).

I find it's a bit more social as the people on the ground don't need to focus on belaying etc.

Back
Top Bottom