Modding: Tips, Guides and Tutorials

Associate
I need some advice chaps, how do I scale a logo so that I can then transfer it onto a metal plate that is 200mm x 125mm. Specifically I'm looking to scale the World of Warships anchor shape and keep the proportions correct.

See here

LOD4Fjr.jpg

Associate
Any tips on which dremel setup to buy?

The 3000 is a good bit of kit, but you can buy a battery version if you'd prefer. The newest model is the 4200 which also features there new EZ change system for fitting the bits in the chuck. Looks very simple to use.

I also have the moto saw which is very good bit if kit if you require the functionality. There are some good videos on their website and YouTube.

Associate
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what software I can use to make a vector file? I'm needing to change the World of Warships logo and name to this format and never done it before.

I have Photoshop Elements and Lightroom will these do this?

Associate
Adobe ahem Illustrator, CorelDraw, MS Visio can all read / write SVG vector files. On linux there is a program called 'Inkscape'... Maybe it's available for windows too. ;)

Associate
Adobe ahem Illustrator, CorelDraw, MS Visio can all read / write SVG vector files. On linux there is a program called 'Inkscape'... Maybe it's available for windows too. ;)

I've just tried using Pixlr and a guide on how to do it but tbh I suck at these image editing things so might take me a while to figure out. Thanks for the list.

Associate
Did you sort the vector file Colin? If not let me know and il get my sexy boys onto it.

Em I want the world of warships logo and name as a vector file so Coldzero can silkscreen it on an ssd cover. I've no clue how to do this ???:confused:

This one, but without the background colour. So just the lettering and anchor, if you get me.

HKpFVZd.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
How much detail do you want? Would be relatively straightforward to do this on something like Illustrator. Happy to help if you can't find someone to do it.

Associate
How much detail do you want? Would be relatively straightforward to do this on something like Illustrator. Happy to help if you can't find someone to do it.

So sorry I never saw this reply FL630. I'm not sure what detail quality I'd need. like I said its to fit on an ssd cover. Coldzero suggested even just removing the background colour, but I guess a vector file would be preferable.
If you could help that's be great thanks.

Associate
Sleeving with davido_labido!

Well, I thought I would record some videos to show how I sleeve, there will be a few more videos coming, but the first one is here already!

Part 1 - Tools!

You have a nice selection if wire tools there, most of mine are broken or just plane crap to start with lol

Back
Top Bottom