Delay in the delivery of a new Ford Fiesta!!

Soldato
If you do indeed have an X6 Elliot, then good for you if you like it, but to come into some one else's thread with your arrogant attitude and say "who buys a Fiesta" because you drive around in your 'wide boy whip' just makes you look a little immature.

A Fiesta is a great car and I hope the OP and his wife enjoys it when it finally lands on their driveway. :)

Associate
On a serious note, I'd personally kick up a bit of a fuss and ask for a discount or a free service plan, mostly for two reasons.
1: They've gone over the initial estimate a couple of times now and 2: They've already sent you the V5C. As far as I'm aware, that would technically make you the owner. If you do decide that you don't want the car for the delay, they'd have to sell the car used and make less on it.

Caporegime
Who buys a new fiesta?

I very nearly bought one recently, got offered a terrific deal on one and I very nearly chopped in my 530i Sport for it!

Why? It's economical (3 times the mpg of the 5) it handles superbly and costs next to nothing to tax nor insure.

Alas though, it won't tow a 1300kg caravan (which the 530i will) and whilst the 530i is old, granted, it's paid for by me and my hard work.

I'd far rather a 15year old 5 series or possibly a Fiesta on finance / lease than accept a car from my parents, let alone brag about it!

I guess we have different views on the term pride, as your posts clearly indicate!

Associate
Drove a Zetec 1.0L when my ST was in for a service and it was a great car. The little engines are really nippy and as mentioned already they handle really well.

As for the delay in delivery, I have been hearing a lot of this from other marque's, seems like this March has been especially busy for new cars.

Soldato
if it makes you feel any better My new one i ordered for the wife turned up :p

81f9b635da882f22df7c515b4476361e.jpg

Caporegime
Have you made any finance or loan payments on it yet? If so I'd be looking to the dealer to refund or pay you for those payments. Why should you pay for something you don't have yet?

Back
Top Bottom