Project Wet Dream

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
Well she fired up tonight with much protest and kicking. Sounds awful definitely fuel starvation as it only run with the choke closed and throttle full open.

Carbs off next. Nicely it came with a set of carb rubbers. Any idea if the sonic cleaning is any good?

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Just be careful how you handle the carbs as they have god awful huge metal slides, and they're very sensitive to jet/needle settings if you get things wrong, sonic cleaning is well worth it, whilst your about it strip the tap as they can clog as well.

Man of Honour
I was at a vintage motorcycle auto jumble on Saturday and it was a CB owners heaven. There are a ridiculous amount of bits and pieces out there and they seemed pretty cheap. Sucked if you didn't have a Honda CB or Yamaha RD though :p

Soldato
The Superslug has CV type carbs, so it;s would be worth removing the tops and checking that the slides are free to move and that the rubber diaphragms are in good condition with no holes etc. I can't remember if you can do this with the carbs on the bike though, probably not.

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
The rears were okay. The concertina worked and I unscrewed the plate that holds the throttle cables to get it finally out.

tomorrow a mate is coming with some compressed air and we are going to give it a go to clean them up and set everything correctly. Then a new choke cable before refitting.

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
All cleaned up. One of the jets were clogged solid. Everything else looked okay.

M&P sent me a choke cable that turned out to be a speedo cable. Give them their due they are sending the right one foc and I can keep the speedo.

Need to sort the tank out its full of stale petrol and needs a fuel filter.

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
have you started it yet? does it live?

Carbs are cleaned and ready to go back on
Battery is charged
Fuel filter here
New choke cable finally here (thanks M&P for taking my money when you have no stock)
Just need to have a proper look in the tank to make sure there's not excessive rust then some fresh fuel

So no

But not that far :p

Back
Top Bottom