Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
So... just to be safe £3,000 would be a good amount to have just in case. Do you open any account whilst going to japan or can my bank enable an option to use my card in Japan?

Rough idea...
JRail Pass - £250
Hotel - £70x14 = 980 I don't plan on spending any time in the hotel apart from rest/sleep time, so anything that has a shower and wifi will do.
Food - £650?
Attractions - £350+
Tickets £500+
Total: £2730

Hotel an be cheaper if you fancy using Air BNB, plenty of empty apartments / flats up for rent. I went last year, think it was £40 a night for a whole flat to myself about 3 minutes walk from Kyoto Castle. Food can be cheap if you don't mind local food shops or Bento boxes every few days (which can be amazing! - mine were 250 yen for a massive piece of chicken and rice and tings), or if you want a touristy place / top quality food look at about £40 per meal... Keep your eyes open for english menus in displays as I found some of them were great food but quite cheap and good atmosphere. Have fun, I want to go again :).

Soldato
bixler2.jpg

HobbyKing® Bixler® 2 EPO 1500mm w/Optional Flaps (KIT)
TURNIGY TG9e 9g / 1.5kg / 0.10sec Eco Micro Servo
TURNIGY Plush 30amp Speed Controller
TURNIGY D2826-6 2200kv Outrunner Motor

Last edited:
Soldato
Getting bored with your drone?

Quite the opposite, I love them :D especially when combined with FPV, I just also been wanting a cheap but really good review winged model for a while, something which requires little throttle input once at some altitude and will glide for a while

Cost me around 60 bucks and has brilliant reviews.

Thats with upgraded motors, escs

I think I get the flaps working too once im going

Man of Honour
Quite the opposite, I love them :D especially when combined with FPV, I just also been wanting a cheap but really good review winged model for a while, something which requires little throttle input once at some altitude and will glide for a while

Cost me around 60 bucks and has brilliant reviews.

Thats with upgraded motors, escs

I think I get the flaps working too once im going

What is the wingspan and max flight time for one of these?

Soldato
What is the wingspan and max flight time for one of these?

1500mm (1.5m), the Bixler 1 (which is apparently supposed to fly as good as this) is 1400mm

I have heard of people flying avg around 20-30 mins flying with normal motor flying, some even 45 mins on a single battery if conditions are right and there is plenty of thermals.

Depends how much you use the throttle and the type of flying I guess (all motor or using the elements where possible)

30 mins is quite a lot, flying 17 mins on a single battery on my bigger quadcopter feel a long time when its in the air.

And you can easily land, swap, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom