***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
I'll just come on ts3 Josh when home and add u then... Ya got the preloaded done via remote access last night so should be done by time I get home..

Cant wait loved it on ps4 but hated using controllers my small hands can't hold them lol

Associate
Even single player requires you to be online. This is not untypical of DRM these days.

Actually, it is highly untypical. Almost every game requires internet for authentication, but after that, offline is good for single player.

If Rockstar have implemented an 'always on' DRM system then that just means that I have to go the Skidrow route if I really want to play the game.....but with the Witcher 3 just around the corner, I doubt I will feel a pressing urge to get this game.....although it does look pretty damn cool. But Nazi DRM is Nazi DRM and any publisher using such measures can GTF....they won't get any of my beans, ever.

I believe that Ubisoft once tried for always on DRM and fell flat on their face and were forced to rescind it. For this reason, I find it hard to imagine that Rockstar would try and pull the same stunt....but, who knows.

Associate
make sure your Samsung SSD is in performance mode,
mine was in reliability mode and kept giving me BSOD

Currently I have my SSDs in RAID 0, Samsung utility doesn't see the disks :mad:. I'm going to reinstall tonight anyway. Do you know if I install Windows on the disk change to performance mode on each, then RAID 1 and reinstall Windows will the disks keep their "performance" state?

My bro had this same issue and it was down to the downloaded files not being correct (checksum or MDS) something like that. I am not sure how it was fixed but the solution was on Reddit. Pretty sure someone on here will be able to point you on the right direction :D

My brother used the same encrypted files I did and his works without problem,suppose their could have been an issue unpacking.

Man of Honour
Currently I have my SSDs in RAID 0, Samsung utility doesn't see the disks :mad:. I'm going to reinstall tonight anyway. Do you know if I install Windows on the disk change to performance mode on each, then RAID 1 and reinstall Windows will the disks keep their "performance" state?

cant help you there im affraid

Underboss
OP
Cranked all my settings up this afternoon, MSAA x4, very high everything.

Frames Per Second (Higher is better) Min, Max, Avg
Pass 0, 41.265610, 98.124649, 65.639359
Pass 1, 30.623037, 91.581932, 53.934174
Pass 2, 37.399651, 141.254211, 61.964954
Pass 3, 39.973438, 135.187546, 68.875008
Pass 4, 22.047626, 113.537102, 62.513317

Not to shabby. Will see how it plays later, if it can hold a stable 60 I will be chuffed!

Associate
Ayyy-mazing. Absolutely loving it.

Pre-ordered via Steam, and pre-loaded last week. Installed mid-afternoon on day of release without a hitch.

Running 1080p on 'Very High' settings, and benchmark tool never dropped below 57 fps, but was generally around 65 - 70. GTX970 perfectly capable in this case, which is good seeing as GTA V was what pushed me toward new graphics card a couple of weeks ago.

Not experienced a single crash either.

All in all, been a perfect experience for me - though huge sympathies to those who haven't been so fortunate.

Associate
Its been a while since I played GTA4 but I remember the damage and crash physics been a lot more brutal than what I've seen so far in 5. Cars would crumple and fold up more. Now If I crash high speed into another car, my car takes some damage but the other cars are left with just a few dings and scratches.

Like this? :D

7r3aiVI.jpg
Images over 1,280 pixels wide should be placed in spoiler tags as I've done for you.

Cheers

Surveyor

Edit: Sorry thought I resized it to the right size, my bad

Last edited:
Man of Honour
i just did a bike race along the beach from the pier, it selected me a BMX by default so i changed it to a racing bike, when the race started i was back on a BMX, fail lol

Back
Top Bottom