Acer Predator XR341CK/X34 34" Curved Gaming Screens with FreeSync and G-sync

Soldato
I'm relieved really, as it solves my "VR or 21:9" conundrum

The panels just aren't there yet. Although G-Sync and an increased refresh rate even only 75hz makes this panel appealing(or more so).

The DELL U3415W just seemed really painful in all areas for me coming from the Swift. You obviously expect to take a hit, but honestly I couldn't stand it. Fairly chronic BL bleed, seemed very slow even when not playing shooters, and of course the tearing. All a crying shame, as 21:9 is great.

Soldato
I read the title and thought this monitor might be a first (to me at least) offering gsync and freesync on one monitor i.e. not polarising new monitor choices to graphics card choice!

Man of Honour
Looks like the rumour was right then. What a massive massive fail :(

Ah well, looks like I won't be buying any Acer monitors, which is probably a good thing.

plenty of people happy with 2560 x 1440 at 60hz on current 34" panels, so suspect this will still be popular. After all, it's a 144Hz VA panel! Large pixel pitch for day to day work, but for immersive gaming (and without needing a hefty graphics system to run it) i'm sure it will be interesting

Soldato
But this is only 1080p superwide, on a 35 inch panel. I think that's a step backwards personally and not great for close up desktop gaming. I've got a 2560x1080 29 inch dell, and it's nice, but after getting a 2560 x 1440p too it just feels a bit lacking pixel pitch wise. At 35 inches it will be worse. Ah well.

Soldato
The panels just aren't there yet. Although G-Sync and an increased refresh rate even only 75hz makes this panel appealing(or more so).

The DELL U3415W just seemed really painful in all areas for me coming from the Swift. You obviously expect to take a hit, but honestly I couldn't stand it. Fairly chronic BL bleed, seemed very slow even when not playing shooters, and of course the tearing. All a crying shame, as 21:9 is great.

I wouldn't go near another IPS screen tbh, the VA sounded interesting particularly as it is the only 144hz version, but 1080 kills it dead as I just don't think the pixel density will be appealing at 35"

likewise have the swift and can't see me parting with it until either 3440x1440 or 40" 4K, but needs to be 120hz+ as well

I don't know what refresh rates are like on OLED screens, but again guessing they will be a couple of years off being in PC monitors

Associate
:( looks like i'll be waiting a bit longer for my 3440x1440 21:9 Gsync screen.

I'd personally rather it not be Acer as I don't like their designs as much but all it takes is one manufacturer to get the ball rolling.

Associate
Im very cautious around acer, I have a 23.5 inch 120hz that does faint ripples like heat rising at 120hz, so I sent it to them, it came back with them telling me it was the dvi cable, and they had replaced the cable. So it arrived and they had replaced my dual link cable with a standard dvi cable, which was obv no good. What was even worse that after buying another cable the problem was still there, so I sent it back and then they sent it back to me saying that it was fixed and it came back with cracked casing so I didnt accept it and it went back again, then I got it back but they had took my dvi cable. I phoned the manager up about that and he said he'd send one out, he never did. And when I tested it 6 months after firstly sending it off it still had the exact same issue. I was getting no where and just gave up. But if this acer works well enough in 10 days of having it and I dont detect anything wrong itll be fine. Ive took 9 days off work so I can give it a good test, because I never ever want to go through that again.

Associate
2560x1080 at 35". Excuse me whilst I throw up.

Both variants quickly went from eagerly anticipated to awful in record time, then.

Permabanned
PPI for 1080p on the 29" was touch and go. I was worrying myself where i would find the money to upgrade from my Eizo FG2421. Now i know it will be probably 2016 before any upgrade comes.

And i will probably bet it will be 4K/120 VA. I did say on the first few pages this would be too good to be true lol.

Associate
Gibbo - Is the XR341CKA (G0Sync Version) still expected around end of July or later, todays techPowerUp! article on this monitor says expected September release in n.America.

I have been in the market for a curved 34" for a while and this wets my whistle! :)

Soldato
Will be really disappointing if these come with blb. Fingers crossed Acer have done something with the design to ensure uniform back lighting.

Prepare to be either disappointed or pleasantly surprised (with that aspect). Hopefully the latter, but I don't really think there is much they could do other than slap LG on the face and make them re-design the panel and BLU itself.

Back
Top Bottom