*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
when you say "back screen" do you mean the camera?? if so ouch... that sucks :(

I'd be livid if it affected the camera. Thankfully the cracks have swerved round it. Its all cosmetic. It hasn't affected any part of the phone - just annoying that I'm a dumbass.

Associate
Still waiting for an S6 64GB blue one to be availabe.. even on the sammy store site you can't buy them.

"They guys we're releasing a phone today in all these awesome colours! (but you probably won't be able to get them on release... or after a month)".

Didn't some of you guys get the blue from am.de?

Blue one coming on Monday from am.de

Soldato
So received my black (its really blue) edge last night and while I was impressed with how easy it was to set up I'm having some issues with browsing which maybe more andriod related than anything else but its a bit of a showstopper for me.

Basically when I pull up some sites like this one the text is impossible to read. I'm also finding the fact that the text curves around the edge quite annoying.

Is there anyway to make the page more gracefully scale so that all aspects are readable?

https://drive.google.com/openid=0B4ZpM75DzycNdmFHaTVCRkgwLW8&authuser=0

https://drive.google.com/openid=0B4ZpM75DzycNb2pmYUhNX25jaGs&authuser=0

These pics were taken without and with the request desktop option on in chrome. Here is another shot of the main forums with the desktop option on.

https://drive.google.com/openid=0B4ZpM75DzycNVndiYTBlUWJXUU0&authuser=0

Can anyone help? I have downloaded Nova Launcher but have not customized it yet so perhaps that can help?

Can't see those pics, but this is how mine looks on Chrome out of the box:
http://i.imgur.com/0tawM5n.png

Associate
Based on usage since my first charge to 100%, I'll be getting 5 hours of SOT which I'm happy with. There is no doubt in my mind that my S4 (which had a relatively new battery) would have had much lower battery life left than my S6 Edge was this morning. For reference, I had over three hours of on-screen time as at this morning with the battery at 39%.

Soldato
Based on usage since my first charge to 100%, I'll be getting 5 hours of SOT which I'm happy with. There is no doubt in my mind that my S4 (which had a relatively new battery) would have had much lower battery life left than my S6 Edge was this morning. For reference, I had over three hours of on-screen time as at this morning with the battery at 39%.

Agreed the battery is a lot better than my old S4 and Moto G 4G were so far, though that's not really difficult to be honest!

Soldato
Just had a call from my 02 business manager as I'm due to upgrade. Out of the two which one has the highest resale price normal 128gb or Edge 128gb. Prices on ebay seem to fluctuate by hundreds on the sold listings.

I'm happy with the normal but the wife doesn't want a big phone so would be happy with a Z3 compact. Which we'd buy separately

Soldato
The second value of a normal S6 128gb is around £600 and edge £700. But demand currently is high so you might get slightly more.

But used prices are all over place, seem 2nd hand 64gb Edge go for £600.

Last edited:
Associate
I must say, there was a part of me that had doubts about my decision to get the Edge over the standard S6 but I'm so far extremely happy with that decision. Not only does the Edge sit more nicely in my hand (always personal preference), I prefer the intended visual look from a head-on perspective.

Soldato
Is anyone having issues with browsing with the text not being as clear because it overlaps with the edge portion of the phone? It's particularly visible on the OCUK forums.

Soldato
So had my s6 Gold Edge for a few days and loving it (coming from an S4).

Whilst I'm sure the novelty will wear off, I'm so glad got the Edge it looks stunning and everyone I've shown it too has said "wow" and praised the aesthetics.

Got Nova on it and everything up and running :)....

34sl9on.jpg

Hi again, installed Nova but was wondering how to get the exact above look. Couldn't find the widgets you have used for instance.

Soldato
The second value of a normal S6 128gb is around £600 and edge £700. But demand currently is high so you might get slightly more.

But used prices are all over place, seem 2nd hand 64gb Edge go for £600.

Looking at sold prices on ebay and they've hit over £1000 with one bu then £725 with the next. I'm not looking at making a killing but If I can sell one and that pays 12 months bills then I'll be happy.

Soldato
I called Samsung as I can get a replacement but if I was to get the S6 then I would need to return it for a refund. I might leave it for a week or so before I make up my mind.

The flexibility from Android is great though!

Soldato
You can actually notice it in your photo. Reading in landscape mode is noticeably clearer for me.

I don't know what you're referring to. But if you're talking about the reflections of the glass on the edge that's unavoidable. The text is sharp on the entire screen but there is some anti-aliasing effect when the text becomes very small.

Back
Top Bottom