ZX6R G2.. Anything to look at?

Associate
Hi,
Should be going to see/buy a zx6r G2 on Saturday, had the F3 a few years ago and had no problems with the bike at all.

The G2 has just under 11k miles on it, service history, MOT until july/ 300 miles since last mot. From the pictures and the description it looks immaculate.
Anyone have/had one and know any problem areas I/WE should be looking at?
I'll be taking my dad who'll do the initial test ride as he's ridden for about 20 years so should be able to see if anything doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Check the brakes arnt binding,move the handlebars from lock to lock slowly and check for any notchyness if you feel any the head bearings need replacing,check for any rattles when engine is running

That's it really,11k is nothing tbh,just turned 61k on mine with no trouble

Associate
OP
Ok so just all the usual checks. Have you had problems with the rear spring/suspension? Reading online I see that really the only problem anyone seems to have, the spring coroding or something. Only other this is front calipers but if they're kept well maintained then there's no issue.

Caporegime
No,I just had the rear shock linkage bearing fail,I had to swap the whole shock as the bearing had seized in the linkage and I couldn't separate the shock but the shock was fine and the condition of it

It helps to have a rear wheel hugger to keep the crud off the shock,the brakes were binding with mine around 48k miles and I rebuilt them

The only things I've had fail are wheel bearings,steering bearings and the fuel pump

Associate
OP
Went to see it but it felt like it had been in an accident and the footpeg had been welded back on (although that could have just been dropped) the guy denied any knowledge of an accident but was limping on left leg which is the side a few mark are on. Looked great in the ad and no mention of problems.

Back
Top Bottom