• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Associate

Haha yes!

Good work. You will not be disappointed. I run an HG10 / H55 combo. Makes the world of difference and does a great job of taming the cards.

Yeah I have all day sunday to get them set up and play around with them. If all goes well it'll be fairly cheap and I'm hoping to get another year or so out of the cards ideally

Associate
This weekend I tame the 290s and finally run crossfire in the proper slots without things going on fire.

Good luck with that!

I've been thinking about doing this with my MSI Twinfrozr as it's getting pretty toasty after some sessions of GTA5.

I'd be very interested to see your results and thoughts :cool:

Associate

So far temps have been a lot better. Highest I've seen is 60

Was awkward and fiddly to install but not exactly hard. Definitly a job where you wish you had third hand at times. Going to continue to play around with the pc tonight and see how it goes.

Soldato
snip

So far temps have been a lot better. Highest I've seen is 60

Was awkward and fiddly to install but not exactly hard. Definitly a job where you wish you had third hand at times. Going to continue to play around with the pc tonight and see how it goes.

Very nice :D This something am thinking on doing myself!

Can you please report back the VRM temps after playing couple games for while..

I heard the VRMs dont get cooled good enough with this AIO..

These was MSI gaming edition GPUs? Dual Fan?

Soldato
Associate
Highest I've seen is 77 degrees. However GTA V keeps crashing to a black screen so I don't know if that's the game or the cards or something. I'm trying out lego batman 3 which is fine but in fairness doesn't exactly push the system. Ill try another game and see if it's a gta problem or what

Soldato
Highest I've seen is 77 degrees. However GTA V keeps crashing to a black screen so I don't know if that's the game or the cards or something. I'm trying out lego batman 3 which is fine but in fairness doesn't exactly push the system. Ill try another game and see if it's a gta problem or what

Run heaven 4.0 for couple passes or Battlefield 4..

77c is quite low about what I getting now I think.

Back
Top Bottom