OnePlus One.

Associate
My OPO has over the past couple of weeks been suffering from the touchscreen weirdness that people are reporting. I've tried a few different ROMs (CM11, CM12 and Oxygen) and it's the same on all of them. It's like it doesn't pick up properly in the bottom right of the screen all of the time which makes typing and scrolling a real pain.

Looking on the huge thread on the OnePlus forums about it people have been blaming heat, so I have taken my OPO out of the flip case and sure enough it's performing a lot better now. This is really annoying though! I'm going to see if I can RMA it but I'm not convinced a replacement will be much better given the amount of complaints there have been over the last couple of weeks. I've just moved to Vodafone so I think I'll get a replacement and then sell it as I can't get 4G now anyway with the OPO on Voda.

Thread is here, I've gone to a page with some videos - I also initially thought it was my keyboard that was the problem.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/touch-screen-issues-were-listening.186829/page-71

That's what I thought but its just got steadily worse. I've traded mine in at CEX because I'd lost faith in it and they gave me a good price for it lol.

Would have been a wonderful phone but for those issues, but in my view screen issues are always fundamental to the experience as that's the thing you interact with day in, day out. Shame but I doubt I'll be going back.

Soldato
More touch screen weirdness tonight.

Went on a ride on my push bike with the OPO in the back pocket of my shorts. After about 10 minutes i could hear the keypad button noises on the lock screen beeping away over and over. I have had that before when having the OPO in my jeans pocket and the rub of the jeans was waking the phone.

This time however I stopped riding and removed the phone from my pocket and it was still pressing random number over and over whilst i was holding it by the edges. It took a while to even force reboot by holding the power button. It did reboot eventually and I popped it back in my pocket and carried on riding whilst it was booting. When I booted up it commenced beeping away and did so for 90% of the 2 hour ride.

I was getting some funny looks by people as i rode past with the beeping noise. :rolleyes:

Soldato
More touch screen weirdness tonight.

Went on a ride on my push bike with the OPO in the back pocket of my shorts. After about 10 minutes i could hear the keypad button noises on the lock screen beeping away over and over. I have had that before when having the OPO in my jeans pocket and the rub of the jeans was waking the phone.

This time however I stopped riding and removed the phone from my pocket and it was still pressing random number over and over whilst i was holding it by the edges. It took a while to even force reboot by holding the power button. It did reboot eventually and I popped it back in my pocket and carried on riding whilst it was booting. When I booted up it commenced beeping away and did so for 90% of the 2 hour ride.

I was getting some funny looks by people as i rode past with the beeping noise. :rolleyes:

I don't think having it in your back pocket whilst going for a bike ride is the best place to put the phone tbh.

Soldato
I don't think having it in your back pocket whilst going for a bike ride is the best place to put the phone tbh.

I agree its not, but have done it will all my other phones I have had without crazy touch screen issues.

The screen problem seems to be getting worse with updates so either going to raise a ticket and return it and get something else. Such a shame as apart from this It would be a great phone.

Soldato
Well I just got the OTA with the 'OK one plus' wake.. And I couldn't get even get it through the voice training. Pointless and rubbish!

Associate
It does.

Rather than wait, just flash the .zip manually.

http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os...263178b74/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0YL-bacon-signed.zip

Its perfectly safe.
Did this myself on the day it came out to the original Lollipop that Cyanogen delivered, only used the builtin Cyanogen recovery too as I don't have TWRP or anything like that installed.

Later received the second OTA that fixes a few things and included that "OK OnePlus" thingy, never configured it though as not bothered about that. One thing the updated Lollipop had done for me is get rid of the wakelock issue and the battery life seems back to where it was on 44S and 05Q, quite pleased with Lollipop and it's surprised me as I wasn't that bothered and was perfectly happy with KitKat.

Back
Top Bottom