BenQ BL3200PT 32"

Associate
I am looking at a second monitor to go with my existing DGM 27". I will use one for gaming and the other for movies/Office.

I have done some research and the BenQ looks like a good quality monitor which should be suitable for movies/Office. Does anyone have experience with this or have any reasons why it's not suitable?

Soldato
I am looking at a second monitor to go with my existing DGM 27". I will use one for gaming and the other for movies/Office.

I have done some research and the BenQ looks like a good quality monitor which should be suitable for movies/Office. Does anyone have experience with this or have any reasons why it's not suitable?

I have one and it is one of the best buys I have ever made - very happy with mine. It will be quite suitable for the uses you have in mind - don't think you will be disappointed.

Mark

Associate
I've owned one for getting on for a year now and I have nothing bad to say about it. The BL3200PT is a very, very good monitor. For general desktop use, video and most types of gaming it's hard to beat; these new AMVA panels are really nice.

The only caution I'd give is that it's not a monitor for twitch gaming; the amazing image quality comes at a cost of some blurring in very fast paced FPS games.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I usually only play strategy/sim games so FPS is not much of an issue. Will mainly be movies/work use so sounds like it should be ideal!

Associate
Are you talking about the 4K monitor or the 1440? Have not seen or heard about banding on the 4K version - must admit I couldn't be bothered to read through all 11 pages of the lin. Anyway - no problem here, I am glad to say.

1440p

4k is the benq 3201, not 3200

Associate
OP
Given that these issues don't appear to be a one off,I've got to decide between buying the 3200 and hoping for the best, buying the 3201 or going for the xl2730z instead.

Associate
Bear in mind that the AUO panels used in the 3200 went through a period of quality problems for several months before the manufacturer managed to put things right. Current stock may not have banding issues, at least not to the same degree - my 3200, which is one that pre-dates the poor quality patch, has no banding at all.

Associate
Bear in mind that the AUO panels used in the 3200 went through a period of quality problems for several months before the manufacturer managed to put things right. Current stock may not have banding issues, at least not to the same degree - my 3200, which is one that pre-dates the poor quality patch, has no banding at all.

hmm. i may play a lottery and try another one then.

Back
Top Bottom