Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2 MGM Grand Las Vegas

Soldato
I don't know why people make out like Mayweather is all mouth. He's no worse than a lot of other boxers, in fact he's probably not as bad.

He's always respectful of opponents, never underestimates anyone, and it's obvious his fight preparation is perfect.

I think it highlights how good Mayweather is that he's so dislikable yet no one can deny his supreme abilities. Usually one can pick holes in someone who is a *****, but no one can have any criticism of Mayweather.

And not just Ortiz, what about the Hatton KO, his demolition of Alvarez, taking on a dangerous Maidana twice, schooling Cotto... In fact his only duff fight recently was vs Guerrero.

I think you need to go back and take look at some of the pre fight build ups and some of Mayweathers quotes.

Caporegime
I think you need to go back and take look at some of the pre fight build ups and some of Mayweathers quotes.

The whole thing is just part of the persona created to make money, which has clearly been very effective for this type of boxer to make so much money. Same as Hamed, in the end everyone just tuned in hoping he would get knocked out, but that's irrelevant when all you want to do is make money. Unlike Hamed Mayweather is just the best there is.

The post fight conference he talks for 40 minutes, even drops in how there's nothing better than an Ice cold coke after a fight. His whole strategy is to take the least amount of damage for the most amount of money. Yet he still threw and landed far more punches than Pacman. I think it's going to take a few years and the pacman love to wear off before people realise just how good he is.

Soldato

I've followed most of Mayweather's recent fights including build ups etc, still not seeing what makes him any worse than any other boxer trash talking pre fight. It's when you listen to him post fight that is a more accurate representation of the true Mayweather, and you realise how smart and well prepared he is.

Soldato
Just watched this. Going to be honest and say I don't watch a huge amount of boxing, but doesn't surprise me at all Mayweather won. Pacqauio had the good round or two, but ultimately Mayweather completely controlled the flight IMO.

kd

C64

C64

Soldato
Pac just isn't the same fighter he was 5 years ago fighters age at different times.

floyd is no ATG he cherry picks he waits and waits until the fruit is ripe then fights them the guy even made marquez jump 2 weight classes straight to welter and on top of that even came in overweight in the fight.

5 years ago floyd would have lost and he knew that hence the fight took this long to make he waited until pac was on the slide and his age kicked in.

Floyds style lets him fight at an older age like hopkins.

C64

C64

Soldato
What a boring fight. Much rather watch UFC, much more entertaining overall.

what a boring world cup final im never watching football ever again

boxing just isn't one fight there's exciting fights all the time

i've tried ufc but it's boring just two dudes hugging eachother on the floor in 90% of fights

C64

C64

Soldato
This result was so predictable it's laughable!

Floyd is a very good technical and defensive fighter but he is also a very shrewd businessman knowing exactly which fights to take on when and where.

Had Floyd taken Pacman on 5 years ago the result could have been very different or the very least it would have been far more competitive.
He was fighting a Pacman who was far past his prime and who had a devastating knockout from Márquez weighing heavily on his mind, this is something Floyd has very cleverly done throughout his career:

Fighting Castillo when Ponce de Leon was the far more dangerous fighter, taking on Ghatti when Kostya Tszyu was the man to beat and avoiding Williams, Cotto, Mosley and Oscar De La Hoya whilst they were in their prime!

Put simply Floyd is NOT in the same league as the great Sugar Ray Robinson, and imho doesn't even make the top 10 fighters of all time.

P.S) I'm glad I didn't pay to watch this fight, it was average at best even with all the hype :(

at last someone that knows boxing properly :cool: it's floyds career in a nutshell he simply avoids the most dangerous fights he waits until the fighters look bad first or on the slide

Soldato
The biggest thing that will go against Mayweather once he hangs up he's gloves, is that he just isn’t likeable. If he was more humble, then I think history would remember him differently.

What C.R.A.Z.Y said above is true. Mayweather just played his career very tactically. Which is boring but delivers.

A bit like Mourinho! :p

Edit*

The top 10 thing, I have no idea. Not that knowledgeable. But he's got to be up there surely. The fact that he's unbeatable, the way he's conducted his career etc....

C64

C64

Soldato
He is beatable but he stacks all the odds in his favor again and again.

The biggest thing is he's always the bigger guy in there and we all know a good big guy beats a good little guy.

Floyd fools these people though they really think he's the best ever it's laughable.

Suspended
at last someone that knows boxing properly :cool: it's floyds career in a nutshell he simply avoids the most dangerous fights he waits until the fighters look bad first or on the slide

I think you're confusing boxing with tactical fight selection. That's not the same. To be a great boxer you have to fight the best fighters when they are at their best, otherwise you are an opportunist and nothing more.

Soldato
what a boring world cup final im never watching football ever again

boxing just isn't one fight there's exciting fights all the time

i've tried ufc but it's boring just two dudes hugging eachother on the floor in 90% of fights

Ahhh. You were doing so well.

Soldato
I loved the fight, for me i love watching a tactical master class and thats exactly what Mayweather did.

Mayweather just boxed perfect and executed his game plan perfectly. Pacquiao helped him with that though as he really didn't hurt Mayweather at all and wasn't aggressive enough to trouble him.

Back
Top Bottom