*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
Expand the desktop grid size a few notches. See if that helps.

thanks 1 notch up fixed that, i do notice when scrolling within the widget touchwiz would lose frames like its skipping , now its butter smooth

i'll buy the £2.50, but my account needs verifying, they restricted it when i tried to add a payment method, never had this issue before when bought from google store :mad:

Soldato
Unfortunately Samsung widgets don't work on anything but Touchwiz. Not sure what you mean about Flipboard, I don't use it.

Go into the Nova settings > Desktop > Desktop grid

I've been using Nova for years. The new Nova Beta material version is the best looking yet

Looks sweet the new layout in beta.

Associate
How are people finding the battery lift on the S6? I'm due an upgrade but most of the reviews lead you to believe you'd struggle to get through the day.

Soldato
Soldato
Battery life is fine. A fair amount worse than my OnePlus One, but a revelation compared to my Nexus 5. I haven't failed to get through the day yet.

Soldato
If they made the phone slightly thicker and made the back flush with camera. They could have stuck a 3000mAh in there and it would have been epic.

unfortunately for us Samsung are obsessed with making their flagships as thin/thinner than the current apple phone.
until these companies stop trying to out thin each other we'll never get the phone we actually want and have to settle for a compromise. Sony have got it right so far... just a shame they have no idea how to write software for their own camera sensor...

Associate
I don't think the battery is that bad, the issue I think is Lollipop and the failure that is project volta. On my Galaxy S6 google play service are using as much battery as the display.

Every device I've updated to lollipop has taken a hit in battery life.

Soldato
Battery was something that worried me, as my M7 with Android Revolution HD ROM lasted almost two days even with fairly heavy use. The S6 is perfectly fine and not an issue. In fact it's the first phone I've ever owned that doesn't need charging at night.

I'm finding that after a normal day (phone calls, texts, Facebook, Newsstand, moderate camera usage, even the odd torrent download and movie) I end up with 30%+ battery by bed time. Since it charges so damn fast (back to 100% in an hour) I can't in good conscience leave it plugged in all night, so I just tend to leave it be overnight and then fast charge for an hour when I'm not using it during the next day. Simple, and I always, always have plenty of battery spare. I was on a call for four hours today and lost hardly any battery lol.

Soldato
BTW nobody replied to my post on a previous (man sized) page...

Do you all notice the home button audibly clicks, but doesn't register the press, when you don't hit it dead centre? I can click mine all day at either side and nothing happens, but as soon as I hit it in the actual centre of the button it works without fail. Not sure if fault or 'design', and I'd rather not look stupid in CPW by returning it to be told they all do that. Fantastic handset otherwise!

If it's a design quirk I'm happy, as it works when pressed centrally and I can adapt. But if it's a dodgy button on my particular handset my OCD won't let me keep it considering what it's costing me over two years! Please would you guys try it out and let me know? :o :D

Last edited:
Soldato
BTW nobody replied to my post on a previous (man sized) page...

Do you all notice the home button audibly clicks, but doesn't register the press, when you don't hit it dead centre? I can click mine all day at either side and nothing happens, but as soon as I hit it in the actual centre of the button it works without fail. Not sure if fault or 'design', and I'd rather not look stupid in CPW by returning it to be told they all do that. Fantastic handset otherwise!

If it's a design quirk I'm happy, as it works when pressed centrally and I can adapt. But if it's a dodgy button on my particular handset my OCD won't let me keep it considering what it's costing me over two years! Please would you guys try it out and let me know? :o :D

Nope, registers a click even if I hit the very edge of the button with my finger nail. Sounds like yours is a bit dodgy :p

My S4 was a bit like that though.

Soldato
I don't think the battery is that bad, the issue I think is Lollipop and the failure that is project volta. On my Galaxy S6 google play service are using as much battery as the display.

Every device I've updated to lollipop has taken a hit in battery life.

Download "Appops", and go to device and google play services, then tick off "Keep Awake", that will have a massive effect on your battery life.

Back
Top Bottom