***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Is txaa not only enabled when msaa is and disabled with fxaa?

I posted screenshots on the previous page of settings on very high/ultra - with fsaa on, mxaa off with and without sweetfx if that helps?

TXAA is an improved MSAA afaik. FXAA is just a post processing effect, so it looks best with TXAA+FXAA, that's how I'm running my stock game, and I can't see any jaggies ( while I can see them in your screenshots, and Nexus18's). I'm allergic to jaggies so always run MSAA ( in this case TXAA) and I have FXAA forced on all games in nvidia panel. I additionally supersample games that don't support MSAA as just FXAA doesn't cut it imho.

Hence I'd like to see a comparison what SweetFX does, with all possible AA options enabled with and without the mod :D.

I'm currently running the game maxed (also traffic and variety) in the regular GFX settings, and none of the advanced settings yet.
Framedrops to high 20's occasionally, but generally a framerate of 50+ in the city ( 60 ish actually), and 30+ countryside. (gtx680 2gb, 4.5ghz i7, 12gb ram). I kind of dislike the DoF effect and would like sharper textures in the distance, and a little bit more colour wouldn't hurt, but no way I'll give up the smoothed models, jaggies and shimmering make me want to stab my eyes :p!

Last edited:
Soldato
TXAA is an improved MSAA afaik. FXAA is just a post processing effect, so it looks best with TXAA+FXAA, that's how I'm running my stock game, and I can't see any jaggies ( while I can see them in your screenshots, and Nexus18's). I'm allergic to jaggies so always run MSAA ( in this case TXAA) and I have FXAA forced on all games in nvidia panel. I additionally supersample games that don't support MSAA as just FXAA doesn't cut it imho.

Hence I'd like to see a comparison what SweetFX does, with all possible AA options enabled with and without the mod :D.

I'm currently running the game maxed (also traffic and variety) in the regular GFX settings, and none of the advanced settings yet.
Framedrops to high 20's occasionally, but generally a framerate of 50+ in the city ( 60 ish actually), and 30+ countryside. (gtx680 2gb, 4.5ghz i7, 12gb ram). I kind of dislike the DoF effect and would like sharper textures in the distance, and a little bit more colour wouldn't hurt, but no way I'll give up the smoothed models, jaggies and shimmering make me want to stab my eyes :p!

In the graphics settings, you can have:
FXAA On
MSAA x8/off
TXAA Off

Or:
FXAA On
MSAA x4/x2
TXAA On

You cant have FXAA and TXAA on with no MSAA via the GTA graphics settings(unless I missed something but I just tried and with MSAA off TXAA is disabled) so how do you have FXAA and TXAA both on without MSAA?

These two screenshots below aren't the best(black car at night with not much light and the reflections look glitched on the boot lip). I reckon a sunset would be best to show reflections and shadows over a dark coloured metallic painted car, I may try this tomorrow to see if I can something that answers what you are after.

My settings(purely for this test - I don't keep MSAA on normally as anything above x2, my cards try and melt, and the difference between off and x2 doesn't warrant keeping it on IMO):
Everything up full in game in the normal graphics section - nothing touched in advanced.
And I had FXAA On in game
FXAA forced via Nvidia control panel
MSAA x8
TXAA off
(I forgot to reduce blur and turn DOF off, and the image quality may be reduced after uploading)
Without SweetFX
8paLDst.jpg
With SweetFX enabled
9bbKIGs.jpg

I reckon give it a go regardless :) It doesn't overwrite any original GTA files, and can be easily removed by deleting the files and then it goes back to stock. No harm done at all and it may be best you try it so you can see for yourself, on your settings, on your screen - might be easier.

Last edited:
Associate
Finished all the heists for the first time on Sunday, did them in order and with the same group, however I didn't get the bonuses for doing so!
Out of the 4 of us, only 2 got the bonuses!
Has anyone else had similar problems?

Caporegime
Hey guys, I joined the crew last night, i mostly play during the day GMT. not done any of the 4 man heists yet so would love to find 3 people to join me in doing them for the first time.
Hello and welcome along :)

Finished all the heists for the first time on Sunday, did them in order and with the same group, however I didn't get the bonuses for doing so!
Out of the 4 of us, only 2 got the bonuses!
Has anyone else had similar problems?
Have yet to complete them all with same crew but so far no issues with not getting bonuses.

Oh no, by all means crack on lol I haven't looked at it yet. :S
:D

Just completed the final bank job again, this time one of the bank customers got shot after pulling out a gun, bank alarm goes and SWAT outside!

Managed to get to the bikes but this time where the single cop car is parked across the road you now also have a SWAT wagon, hmmm why not! All four into the wagon and drive safely to the boat by the original route except for not crossing the bridge but hanging a left turn before it, onto the dirt track road beside the mountain. Wait in wagon until most of the cop cars are destroyed with grenades etc, then out, swim to boat, out to sea and happy pay days :)

Caporegime
Oh no, by all means crack on lol I haven't looked at it yet. :S

Had an idea about this so going to post it in here first.

OcUK approved mini competition on creating a new logo/emblem for the crew.

It will be open to all forum members and yes, there will be a prize for the winner.

I'll start a new thread within the PC games section shortly :)

The competition is HERE.

Associate
Happy to help out :cool: should be on tonight and will venture forth to TS. Hadn't used it since 2005!

R* - CDaawg

I'll see about requesting to join the crew as well.

Hey guys, I joined the crew last night, i mostly play during the day GMT. not done any of the 4 man heists yet so would love to find 3 people to join me in doing them for the first time.

Soldato
Apologies about last night - I got on with the intention of hosting Series A but my mate got me to join another set of missions as soon as I signed in.

I definitely want to start Series A tonight so anyone who would like to join me feel free. I'll be on TS too.

Soldato
Hello and welcome along :)

Have yet to complete them all with same crew but so far no issues with not getting bonuses.

:D

Just completed the final bank job again, this time one of the bank customers got shot after pulling out a gun, bank alarm goes and SWAT outside!

Managed to get to the bikes but this time where the single cop car is parked across the road you now also have a SWAT wagon, hmmm why not! All four into the wagon and drive safely to the boat by the original route except for not crossing the bridge but hanging a left turn before it, onto the dirt track road beside the mountain. Wait in wagon until most of the cop cars are destroyed with grenades etc, then out, swim to boat, out to sea and happy pay days :)

Sounds like an epic strategy. What was the level of police outside the bank when you left? Any higher?

Had an idea about this so going to post it in here first.

OcUK approved mini competition on creating a new logo/emblem for the crew.

It will be open to all forum members and yes, there will be a prize for the winner.

I'll start a new thread within the PC games section shortly :)

The competition is HERE.

Awesome, suppose I better take a look at the editor after work. I wish R* enabled uploading of images made elsewhere like PS or something. Even if it took longer and they reviewed it or something.

Back
Top Bottom