ISIS and Islamic militants - discussion

Caporegime
Bet Obama is regretting caving into the "won't somebody think of the human rights" brigade now by promising to close Gitmo. That woman they've capture, the wife of the Islamic State deputy leader seems like a particularly vile piece of sub-humanity who would fully deserve being locked in a Cuban purgatory for the rest of her life. As it is, there's a bit of a legal dilemma about what to do with her since they can't hand her over to the Iraqi authorities again because of the yuman rights laws.

Soldato
Bet Obama is regretting caving into the "won't somebody think of the human rights" brigade now by promising to close Gitmo. That woman they've capture, the wife of the Islamic State deputy leader seems like a particularly vile piece of sub-humanity who would fully deserve being locked in a Cuban purgatory for the rest of her life. As it is, there's a bit of a legal dilemma about what to do with her since they can't hand her over to the Iraqi authorities again because of the yuman rights laws.

Oh don't worry, there's a **** ton of black sites we don't know about all over the world and she'll disappear down a black hole no one will ever find again. Gitmo is just the fluffy public version that everyone can see.

Soldato
In other news, the 3 teenage girls from London who joined ISIS may be trying escape and come back:
Reports from Iraq suggest three teenagers who had been married off to ISIS fighters have now gone on the run near the city of Mosul.

It has been suggested the trio may be Shamima Begum, Amira Abase and Kadiza Sultana, who disappeared from their homes in east London earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...married-militants-Iraq-run-Isis-escaping.html
I don't fancy their chances if re-captured.

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32777138

Despite all the air-strikes, renewed/retrained Iraqi army, high profile decapitation attacks, the Islamic State has managed to capture Ramadi, capital of Anbar province in Iraq. Shia militias are preparing a counter-attack - in Sunni territory. This could get very messy.

It is of no surprise. The Iraqi army is next to useless, they will turn and run at the slightest hint of danger. Uncoordinated, confused and lacking the heart to fight for what they are being told to fight. On top of that you have an opponent that holds the completely opposite traits.

Ramadhi, Mosul, Haditha, Hit, all cutting Al Asad air Base off. Then there is fallujah being highly contested and eventually Baghdad.

I would be Unsurprised to see nato boots showing a substantial presence once again sometime soon.

Man of Honour
It is of no surprise. The Iraqi army is next to useless, they will turn and run at the slightest hint of danger. Uncoordinated, confused and lacking the heart to fight for what they are being told to fight. On top of that you have an opponent that holds the completely opposite traits.

Ramadhi, Mosul, Haditha, Hit, all cutting Al Asad air Base off. Then there is fallujah being highly contested and eventually Baghdad.

I would be Unsurprised to see nato boots showing a substantial presence once again sometime soon.

Its quite something to see the size of the Iraqi army on retreat... dunno how sizable IS forces are but thats a pretty significant force fleeing from them :S

If they take much more there is little stopping them taking Baghdad and genocide/massacre on a huge scale unless they don't want to face a cornered Iraqi army/someone else steps in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its quite something to see the size of the Iraqi army on retreat... dunno how sizable IS forces are but thats a pretty significant force fleeing from them :S

If they take much more there is little stopping them taking Baghdad and genocide/massacre on a huge scale unless they don't want to face a cornered Iraqi army/someone else steps in.

A lot of civilians take up arms against them, forming their own militias. I think if they conducted a large offensive on Baghdad many of the civilians there would fight back. I also think Western forces would step in before it went that far, but then again I don't really know what would happen of course. Perhaps Iran will be the "heroes", but then the problem with any ME military intervening is the reality that it then just boils down to inter tribal fighting between conflicting sunnis and also shia. Iran have already stepped in in regions so it's all rather worrying.

Back
Top Bottom